Favorite childhood toys?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Abaddon9112, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Abaddon9112

Abaddon9112 SS.org Regular

I got thinking earlier about the kinds of toys I used to play with when I was a kid. I was obsessed with Star Wars, and I had dozens of the action figures. Even the really obscure ones like Momaw Nadon (the weird hammerhead guy from the cantina) and Grand Moff Tarkin. And I had all the little vehicles too.

But it think my favorite toys of all time were the plastic lightsabers. I always found it amusing how they'd come with a little label on them that says "WARNING: Do not poke or jab with lightsaber, may cause injury". And we'd all immediately beat the crap out of each other with the things. I broke several of them. Then they came out with the cheap, non-illuminated ones around the time Episode I was released, and they were indestructible for some reason.

What kinds of toys did you play with when you were a kid? Share the memories

2. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

star wars,girl down the street,star wars,other girl down the street. :)

3. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I still have my Generation 1 (1984-1991) Transformers toys and 3 3/4 size G.I. Joe figures. My G.I. Joe figures are in plastic bags and maybe one day, some of them will fetch some good prices among collectors. I used to have a lot "Dukes of Hazzard" toys from the late 70's but unfortunately, I have no idea where they are or even if I still have them. I also had a 1983 Hotwheels size KITT car from "Knightrider" and a ED-209 robot from "Robocop" that are pretty cool. :cool:

4. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Legos, Star Wars Clone Trooper Action Figures, Transformers and those Green, Tan, Blue and Grey Army Men!

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

LEGOS

That was like, THE toy that we had at our house, then down the street my buddy had all the TMNT figures (we had some just not as many) and another friend in the opposite direction had these crazy bastards

[​IMG]

6. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

Goddamn right.
    [​IMG]

7. caskettheclown

caskettheclown Sexytime!

Bunch and bunch of video games

also I played with yo-yo's a lot and got pretty dang good!

8. ev_o

ev_o SS.org Regular

The late 80's and early 90's Ninja Turtles toys. My older brother got a ton of those every Christmas and birthday. They really don't make toys like they used to. I'm so pissed we sold a lot of them off.

9. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

80s G.I. Joes, Transformers, Ninja Turtles & Legos.
    Though a lot of my G.I. Joes & Tonka trucks met their demise via fireworks, pellet guns and .22s.

I did love my Big Wheel also, road that Sucker till the chassis split. Man what good times.

10. TVasquez96

TVasquez96 SS.org Regular

If cards count, then I had a huge collection of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I also had megaman and protoman action figures that were pretty legit. Then the already mentioned transformers and Legos.

11. piggins411

piggins411 SS.org Regular

Did anyone here have Beast Wars? It was some kind of Transformers spin off (complete with Megatron and Optimus Prime) where they were animals instead of cars. I loved those things. That and the ever-popular Legos

12. Chuck

Chuck SS.org Regular

13. Vhyle

Vhyle Jackson Shill

I loved Legos of course, Hot Wheels, Micro Machines, and Star Wars stuff.

But NOTHING topped Incredible Crash Dummies toys. Those things were beyond awesome. Pure plastic mechanical destruction.

14. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

For me there were like 3 toys that my bro and I played with. Nintendo (mainly NES and SNES) we played that thing so much and had so many games. We both collect vintage nintendo stuff today and our collection is amazing.

Another thing we played with were ninja turtles. We played with those mostly when we were younger.

Then the movie Jurassic Park came out, and we had every toy that kenner made. We were really spoiled when we were kids. We each have a full set of every single figure that is still sealed. Literally every single toy. We also have most of the set loose.

15. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

Mo fvckin' Legos.

16. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

Those who grew-up in the 70s will remember these, Shogun Warriors:

[​IMG]

The Steve Austin action figure - Bigfoot and Maskatron were kick-ass, too:

[​IMG]

The Green Machine...I was devastated when this thing bit the dust, Big Wheels were cool as f$%k, too:

[​IMG]

Star Wars, Micronauts, all the Mego action figures, Green Slime... some really cool stuff we used to have back then.

17. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Let's not forget the Random Death Ray. That's what it was called by the ants that got hit by it, anyway. We young humans used to just call it Large Magnifying Glass.

18. Yo_Wattup

Yo_Wattup Kick the Butterfly

Bikes bikes and more bikes. I never didnt have a band-aid or 10 on. Then I got a motorbike when I was 4; it was one of the smallest honda's ever made (50cc) and my dad still has to make a custom, lower seat for me. And so the legend of band-aid man was born.

19. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

These mofos, I love the old WWF and early WWE (2002-2007)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Contributor

I had around 30 Godzilla figs and a shit ton of star wars stuff. I had the original name-switched 4-lom and Zuckus, a Bossk (2nd gen I think), and of course multiple storm troopers, and a few droids and a few Hans, Lukes, and Chewies. But My favorite toy ever was my Martian Manhunter from a loooooong time ago. Wish I still had that thing.