Fat gripz- grip strengthening workouts?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by soliloquy, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Both. Wrapping the towel around a bar and doing a normal pullup is harder on your grip because you have a larger bar due to the bar adding thickness to it, which lessens the leverage(?) of your grip slightly.

Doing a towel pullup like in the picture is even harder because you don't get a solid grip on it, along with instability added in from the towel not being screwed down to something.

2. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

/\ i'll be trying that with one of those assistance pull-up machine thing. god i love those!

3. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

I never understood this people say don't rock all over the place keep your form solid yet I see these massive gorillas rocking on 95% of their exercises even in things like curls.

Fuck that imma weight up and rock n roll.

XD

4. Aevolve

Aevolve Yugen.

Because keeping your form solid means less chance of injuring yourself and helps develop supportive muscles more effectively. The massive gorillas you're talking about have been lifting for so long and are dealing with such heavy weight that they can rock a bit without injuring themselves. It's still a much more effective exercise if you continue using good form.

5. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

^^

I still purport they shouldn't, as it loses the focus of the target to some extent. I equate it more to useful when trying to shock the system, but not something that is necessary for borderline routine.

I find I will feel it a lot more doing fewer slow, perfect reps, than a couple cheat reps. Cheat reps are great for end of set type stuff though, to push when you can't anymore.

6. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

I was kinda being sarcastic but I guess I used a poor example as guy in vid is jacked. I was poking fun at the guys who curl 20lbs more then you when you are working out while eye balling you yet they are rock n rolling like a mofo.

XD