Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Steve, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

i have to admit i got fed up with oblivion and never finished it. Not the case here at all im loving every second of it.

the combat system is genious.

2. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

yehh i saw some video's of the combat system, looks pretty awsome! i'm a hard out first person shooter fan, so at first i thought the game freezing and letting you select where the bullets fired are going too hit is sort of cheating...but the more i watched it and saw how the camera changed angles and shit! i fell in love!

I'm punching my way though far cry 2 so i can finish it and buy this lol

3. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

:lol: Wow. I love Fallout 3 a lot. Fallout is in my top 5 favorite games and I think Fallout 3 will probably make it in there as well, since I think it's actually better than Fallout 2 (not sure if it's better than Fallout 1 yet, but it's looking that way), but I think Oblivion is a bazillion times better (Oblivion is my #2 favorite game of all time and I never got tired of it. Even after playing it 125 hours, I wanted to keep playing).

I'm going back to playing it now too.

4. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I just fired up Oblivion for the first time in a few months last night. Best part is, there are so, so many mods out for it so I added a whole bunch and now there is whole new castles, weapons, armor.. better graphics, the whole thing. I really hope they end up releasing the mod tools for fallout as well. Otherwise, I'll just end up playing it on 360.

5. HamBungler

HamBungler Lord Zorgatron

You don't need a hard drive, but you at least need a memory card, which is a lot cheaper than a hard drive. You can get the $200 system, Fallout 3 and a memory card for a little less than $300 I think.

6. Deschain

Deschain SS.org Regular

I just got this yesterday after reading lots of cool stuff about it, and I have to say it is pretty crazy. This game is just so goddamn huge, I don't know if I'll ever finish it.....good stuff.:hbang:

7. Decreate

Decreate SS.org Regular

Not available in HKG until 21st Nov.... :(

8. lefty robb

lefty robb Shred like a mofo Contributor

the cheapest memory stick is the 512meg for $50, which, meg for meg, is outrageously expensive compared to the 120 gig hard drive for $100 more. So it would be $200 for the x-box, $60 for the game and $50 for the memory, plus tax, way past $300.

9. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I remember reading somewhere that now you can get a voucher for a $20 basic hard drive (I think thats 20gb), since the New Xbox Experience is a mandatory install and doesn't fit on a memory card.

10. HamBungler

That's weird, I figured the Memory card would be no more than $20. Ah well, I'd look into what sakaiedo said and see if you can get a voucher for the cheap 20 gig.

11. Alpo

Alpo ... Contributor

The Arcade system comes with a 256M memory card. The new interface is supposed to take up about half of that, so unless you plan to download a lot of stuff, you should be ok with that.

12. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

played another few hours tonight. Found the Ghoul city and listened to the story from one of them who was alive before the holocaust. Found hints about a suit of power armor as well, but unfortunately can't seem to reach it

13. Naren

Last night, I blew up Megaton. Hahahaha. I saved in my new suite, but then went to Mr. Tenpenny's room where Mr. Burke was looking out the window. I fired the Fat Boy and it obviously killed them both instantaneous. Weirdly enough, that gave me good karma, bringing me up from "Very Evil" to just "Evil." That was kinda weird. And, on top of that, no security came. I stole everything they were carrying and talked to security, but no one realized that I had just killed the guys in charge. :lol: Then, of course, I killed a ton of security guards and residents before I got overwhelmed and killed. :lol:

You get to it from the Museum of History, right? I haven't gotten there, but that part of the game is kind of confusing with all the subways and with aboveground having many of the streets closed off with rubble.

Ah, so do you join the Brotherhood to steal the power armor? That's the only way I can think of getting the training to use it. In this game, there are a lot of dead members from the Brotherhood of Steal that you could steal the suits from, but you need training to wear them.

In the original Fallout, it was really hard to get the power suit because the brotherhood of steel never left their headquarters and if you tried to fight one of them without a power suit of your own, you would get totally annihilated, no matter how high your level was. I loved how you could steal the plans and all the parts and get that dude to lend you his repair bench to build it.

14. sethh

sethh ss.org SpongeBob

played 12h straight for the first time in 5 years, pretty fun but not good for having a life.

must finish it quickly :idea:

it's very very cool indeed, but still seems to me it's much more random (and pointless?) than the 1 & 2... i mean... Falls City, Germantown, L.O.B. Enterprises, the whole undergroung metro thing south-east on the map - i just killed everything everywhere and left. no story or sidestory to them, just FPS-stuff. or did i miss something? (except that metro place, haven't finished there yet)

15. Naren

:lol: Well, if you don't talk to anyone...

I've been turning down quests left and right. I got like 13 quest requests just yesterday, 2 of which I accepted.

16. sethh

sethh ss.org SpongeBob

well in those places there were only mutants or robots or ghouls or raiders. only killing, no one to talk to. i know how to play a RPG :)

17. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

ive gotten some glorious kills in this i quite like sneaking around.

18. HamBungler

It probably depends where you go, sometimes the quests start wayyyy out in the Wasteland, and then they tell you to go to some part of the metro or something to get something or kill/find someone or whatever. I'll imagine some of them are sheer dungeons with stuff to get, as its always fun to find random awesome stuff :)

19. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Well I've managed to beat most of Fable II (a few small quests left but the main portion of the game has been beaten and the majority of the side quests are done) so I'm probably going to grab Fallout 3 finally! :D Now I'm just trying to decide if I should get it for PC or 360.... :scratch:

20. Ze Kink

Ze Kink the black wizards

I wish I had my new PC already :( I'd love to start playing it. As I've mentioned earlier, I love both Fallouts and Morrowind, but I couldn't get into Oblivion, so I'm a bit unsure whether I'll like it a lot or not.