Fake Shredders

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Spaced Out Ace, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

It's all good, just record the lyrics at a slower tempo to get the flow and annunciation right and then speed it back up to the tracks tempo, nobody will notice

2. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Actually had a lot of fun doing this, and also singing - gives me significantly more time to find the right note and make it sound good :lol:

JimF likes this.
  3. Ozzfest

Ozzfest SS.org Regular

Because it's not a legit way of achieving the end result if you cant do it without guitar pro, IMO. It may sound good to you in the end and that's all you may care about, but if you really cant play like that and I know you can't, well then that's all I care about.

I appreciate natural and organic methods and results. Not mechanical and assisted.

4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

:rofl:

5. Spaced Out Ace

Which is why Vinnie Vincent is relegated to horror conventions, selling comforters with his atrocious 80s get up on them, and 300-500 dollar birthday bashes and "merry metal christmas" ventures. What a fucking joke that guy is. But he's a "great shreddddddder (for extra Full ShreDDness) and amazing songwriter, dude!" Such a great songwriter the guy has never made a consistent living as a songwriter.

Ozzfest likes this.
  6. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

And that's fine everyone is going to have their own opinion when it comes to things like this. I listen to music for the music, not to sit around and wonder how long it took the player to play a certain part or use a certain technique.

Señor Voorhees likes this.
  7. Ozzfest

Ozzfest SS.org Regular

You don't have to look when the editing job sticks out like a sore thumb because it's so obvious. But to each their own!

8. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, but the issue isn't the recorded music. I'm with you on that - if it sounds good, then great. The issue that the guy brings up is that there are people on youtube who are putting up play through videos that they're not actually playing through. It just seems weird to say, "Look at me play this fast passage - betcha can't do this!" and then find out that the guy didn't actually play it. I'm not sure how much it matters to me, in that I'm pretty sure I can't play as well as ANY youtube guitarist :lol:, but I do hate liars and people who pretend they're something they're not.

Surveyor 777, XPT707FX and efiltsohg like this.
  9. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I like Tech death but I also don’t care if it’s real or not, just if it’s catchy.

Ordacleaphobia, Masoo2 and Hollowway like this.
  10. Spaced Out Ace

Catchy tech death...

I am about to blow a goddamn Jim Cornette level gasket over that one. :lol:

"Catchy tech death" -shakes head-

Thanks, man. I needed a laugh.

11. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I mean, Vinnie Vincent is like those Sharknado kinda movies.

gabito likes this.
  12. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, some of the stuff I like most is probably not real in any way. But they do tour, so I guess they play it in some way. I’m honestly surprised how many tech death drummers are actually playing that stuff. I always read about people like bulb programming it, and I assume that when a live drummer shows up he’d be like, “that can’t be played irl.” :lol:

13. Spaced Out Ace

I dunno. I at least find those Sharknado films somewhat enjoyable in a trainwreck sort of way. I legitimately want shit to meet garbage in a Sharknado vs Tremors crossover, but that's a side issue either way.

Imagine having to listen to KISS drones circle jerk over this guy as if he is anything above mediocre. Whether performance wise or songwriting wise, he is not Eddie Van Halen. He is not George Lynch. He's not Steve Stevens. He is not Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee, John Sykes, Akira Takasaki, Ty Tabor, or Warren DeMartini. Hell, he hopes to one day be as well regarded as Vito Bratta, and unfortunately, even Vito is a second or third tier 80s guitarist (primarily because White Lion never got mega huge and he retired after the fourth WL album).

Vinnie's just some mediocre putz who people parrot this idea that he's a guitar god and a songwriter supreme, when his own band would make fun of his 20 minute live jack off sessions pretending he was the best lead guitarist ever, and his songwriting equates to third rate AOR with hair metal accoutrements in an attempt to fool the late 80s MTV generation. I really don't get it. Why? Because he was in KISS for like 15 months? Big deal. Facts are that his playing and his songwriting do not stack up against any of his contemporaries at the time; he is a pretender and a fake.

I think A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors and A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master are a perfect example. Dokken's song Dream Warriors is a great tune, still remembered, and well liked outside of the band's sphere of fans. Meanwhile, Dream Master has a dud of a track like Love Kills (I do not get why it was used at all; it makes zero sense in context to the movie) and that is if you can even hear it as it's been all but muted, likely because Chrysalis is embarrassed that they were total marks and signed this fucking clown.

In short: Vincent Crooksano is a shit guitarist, a shit songwriter, and a shit person. He really should give people their box sets he owes them, but I doubt he ever will. But he will certainly continue charging the 20 or so dumb chumps idiotic enough to pay him $150 for a signed CD or $500 to hang out with him for a day and eat his salad.

Surveyor 777 and Hogie34 like this.
  14. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Holy shit, really?

The most I've heard about Vinnie Vincent was seeing Boyz Gonna Rock or whatever on MTV or VH1 and being vaguely aware that he was in KISS, I don't know that I've even heard any of the songs he did with them. So for me he's like one of those pop songs you might kinda like, you just don't admit to it. Even the one dude I know that's a big KISS fan is just into the actual Ace and Paul KISS.

Honestly I think the Sharknado vs Tremors is a more important issue. As shitty as they've gotten, I have a soft spot for Tremors. My dad came over when I was moving a couple years ago, right about the time I came out the door with my arms loaded down with rifles. He wanted to know why I had so many, but he's the one that let me watch the 2 decent Tremors every weekend when I was growing up.

15. Spaced Out Ace

I like KISS with Ace, too, but I think their time with Bruce Kulick from 1984 to 1995 was just as good. He was a total pro and never missed a note. (Okay, maybe he did, but it wasn't a regular occurrence). I really wish that the reunion didn't happen and KISS with Bruce Kulick lasted longer.

Sharknado vs Tremors would be awesome I think. Start out as a Tremors film, then find out there are Sharknados, and you aren't safe hiding from ass blasters or any of that because sharknados will get you regardless.

16. Ozzfest

Ozzfest SS.org Regular

I gotta youtube Vinnie Vincent guitar solo now.

Well I've seen worse....I think? He does play quite fast, and he does play cleanly for at least half of the time. Let me check another vid..

Yeah no you're right. Hes not what I would consider a guitar god. Just about every other shredder from this era can play better than him. He kinda reminds me of Carlos Cavazo which to me his playing is nothing special.

Alot of blinding speed going on but its all sloppy and just sounds like rubbish.

17. Splenetic

Splenetic SS.org Regular

Wow.

You know, you always hear about Kerry King's solos being nonsense, but straight up compared to these fuckers, King is fucking Mozart.

18. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

+1

I’ll take 15min of atonal taping and divebombs over that any day

Ozzfest likes this.
  19. Splenetic

Splenetic SS.org Regular

That's kinda the cool thing about Kerry's shit though. He gets in, weedle-weedles his way around for like 20 seconds, and then gtfo's with a divebomb or pull up. Quick and easy, can't really think of any songs where he wanks around continuously for days on end. (Though I've only seen them live once, and they were killer)

Surveyor 777, zappatton2 and Ozzfest like this.
  20. Ozzfest

Ozzfest SS.org Regular

Well now I just have to.....

That's not much better to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.