EZ Drummer Expansions

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by guitar_player4_2_0, Jul 23, 2021.

1. guitar_player4_2_0

guitar_player4_2_0 SS.org Regular

I’ve been wanting to pick up EZ Drummer 2 for a while now and there’s a deal at Sweetwater where you get your choice of expansion pack when you buy before the end of the month. This seems like a pretty good deal as the expansion packs are usually $47+. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on which one would be the most versatile and/or best value. I’d want something that covers the most amount of ground possible, I’m not really looking for anything genre specific. I’m just getting into recording so I want something that’s fairly easy and user intuitive yet still has a decent amount of options. Thanks!

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I have just tried ezdrummer too and loving it! I used to midi program my own drum tracks but not being a drummer was challenging.

I asked my friend #musicwithmarky the same question and he said anything you pick is awesome and you will actually get addicted to buying more expansions! Maybe go through each demos and pick what you think would make you happy for now.

I picked the Hard Rock by Bob Rock one. It's okay, but it lacks my needs.

3. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

Just bought the Dark Matter expansion last night. Probably my favorite. Second favorite that I've had for the longest time is the Metalheads expansion.

Also, have the Drumkit from Hell. Never been super fond of it, but the midi packs that came with it are extensive. Last one I have is the Progressive one, and i havent used it hardly at all. Never found a good sound with it.

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

Which is better, expansion or midi packs?

5. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

I think once you find the kit or two you like, the midi packs are the way to go.

Having used the "metalheads" for years, and now crossing to the dark matter, I won't need another expansion for my tastes. So, just collecting all the midis I want for much cheaper now.