Exchanger - An Offer to Decline (FFO: Haken, Headspace, Tetrafusion, recent BTBAM...)

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by Exchanger, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Exchanger

Exchanger SS.org Regular

Hi fellow players !
    I've just released an album; as I used a fair amount of ERG's on it, and as I know there's some nice folks around here, also with possibly overlapping music taste, I decided to share it here.

I have a lot of different influences, going from classical to modern metal, through prog rock and some jazz. That should give you an idea of the stuff. The bands I quoted in the title are probably a bit above my league, but I think that's what comes close in terms of sonic elements, themes, and are not too obscure. Ah well, if I piqued your interest so far, make yourself an opinion by giving it a listen ;)

Constructive feedback (for future work) is of course welcome.

BANDCAMP:
    https://exchanger.bandcamp.com/album/an-offer-to-decline

Youtube stream (slightly lower quality) is streaming on YouTube still a thing, even ?

Zhysick likes this.
  2. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

That's good!! I really enjoyed that. Only criticism in my ability is that the voice is too loud in the centre and specially when the choirs kicks in the rest of the instruments are barely hearable.

The style is very much what I listen to nowadays.

Keep on!

3. Exchanger

Exchanger SS.org Regular

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it!
    I'll try to take this into account for future mixes. I already noticed sometimes when the voices go from single to single + backing, the transitions could be a bit rough so in some places, so I've used automation and sometimes just threw a compressor on the vocal bus. But not everywhere, so I might have missed some spots.

Zhysick likes this.