Evertune Bridge System?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by nicktao, Jan 12, 2013.

1. nicktao

nicktao SS.org Regular

Hey guys, about to finalize my custom Skervesen specs, and I found this new bridge system that apparently never goes out of tune, it seems pretty cool, is it that amazing/worth the 480$? What's your opinion?
    EverTune® Home | EverTuneEverTune

2. gs_waldemar

gs_waldemar SS.org Regular

I just watched the demo videos.

I think its a really silly concept.
    CON:
    It makes bendings much harder. Why would you want that?!?!
    It detunes your intonation correction (saddle compensation) while re-tuning the note.
    It costs an ASSLOAD of money. For that extra price you could simply buy a guitar with a stable tuning.

There are lots of cheap possibilities to increase tuning stability. And you really dont HAVE TO pick that hard or rub the strings against the fretboard...

3. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I would try it. Everything I've talked to that's used it has been very impressed by it, and honestly the only thing holding me back is how unsightly it is. I would love to get true temperament frets and an evertune bridge for eeerily good intonation.

4. 0 Xero 0

0 Xero 0 SS.org Regular

I'm also very intrigued by this system. I agree with gs waldemar about the aesthetics, but if it's as good as Ola and others have said, than maybe I could get past it. There's nothing quite as annoying to me as playing chords where some notes are a couple cents off pitch due to intonation or something.

5. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

It seems you didn't watch carefully enough

6. Captastic

Captastic SS.org Regular

Here's what Ola had to say about it (posted on his FB page):

"Putting the Evertune bridge to the test, this album recording has been a breeze. Haven't tuned the guitar ONCE during the whole recording process. Also Seymour Duncan Distortions of course through the whole album... ♥ Evertune!"

7. Jzbass25

Jzbass25 SS.org Regular

I haven't heard anything negative except maybe the price or possibly the looks. I would give it a chance, it doesn't make bending any harder unless you want it that way. If you watch the videos they show you how that works. I'd love it with true temperament, I get tired of retuning after strings stretch too so eventually I'll have this on a guitar.

Also you don't change the intonation or string height settings at all when you tune up the guitar like GS said. Just watch this video, I set the start time and it will show you how the thing works. http://youtu.be/hW_iiNo2ECE?t=4m31s

8. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch PRS Guitars

Do it. /thread

9. CloudAC

CloudAC Call me Charlie :)

Misha is also showing support for it too, sounds like it works, dunno if its worth that amount of cash though!

10. iron blast

iron blast Northern Winds

they need to lower the cost about $200 before im in

11. Berti_smb

Berti_smb Grindmachine

According to Ola, Misha and many more to come, this thing really works. It is expensive and perfect for stable tuning, but looks ugly (at least in my case). Personally i would buy it for one guitar which i would use only in studio

12. GSingleton

GSingleton Sleep on, Fly on Vendor

13. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

I thought the Hannes was expensive, but for the utility (hand rest surface area) and the aesthetics it offered, I was willing to eat the cost for my custom. If the benefits are good enough in your opinion to justify the cost, then I'd say go for it and screw the "naysayers."

14. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Coolest thing about this is that they already have a 7 string version. Glad to see they're embracing ERGs. I didn't expect that. I'd rock a black one, but the chrome one is so big it really sticks out.

15. Petie

Petie SS.org Regular

I've tried it on 6 and 7-string guitars and it's great. My favourite thing about it is how you can set the tension of different strings. Example: dial in the low strings to be very tight and snappy for power chord work, then set the G, B and high E for super-precise in-tune unison bends and slinky lead playing.

16. straightshreddd

straightshreddd Dat Dood

Damn, I wanna try one so bad. They seem so legit.

17. gs_waldemar

gs_waldemar SS.org Regular

I think I am a competent video watcher.

just saying that sometimes you can spend 0$ and get your nut right e.g. by rubbing some graphite under the strings or put the strings correctly on the tuner and avoid paying 500$ for tuning stability.

It just seems that you wouldn't want to spend 500$ on a cheap guitar and I never had any serious tuning issues on an expensive fixed bridge guitar with decent tuners so far. And I just dont see the point in lifting guitar by the strings or picking so hard that the strings start buzzing.

18. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

Will I finally be able to pound on my guitar and rip it to shreds ’til I get to a new dynamic range of loud, and then rip into a roaring solo with seven stop bends, and then bring it on home with a grand finale where I do Pete Townshend style windmill chord strums but 5 times as fast and then hit the final A chord and have it sound in tune?

:lol:

19. Horizon Whore

Horizon Whore Resident Southpaw Contributor

I've only heard good things about the Evertunes, they're a bit of an eyesore though I think :lol:

But I think the pros far outweigh the cons!

20. frenster

frenster SS.org Regular

I've installed dozens of these bridges, many of them on high profile touring and studio guitars and I can tell you that set up properly it is virtually transparent and feels like any other guitar, yet simply won't go out of tune. It ain't cheap, and you have to dedicate a guitar to it, but you can gig for a month without tuning it, no lie. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it.