Evertune Bridge String Spacing is too wide

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Sgt.Mooseknuckles, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Sgt.Mooseknuckles

Sgt.Mooseknuckles SS.org Regular

Hello!

So I am a total newbie to Evertune bridges. I recently acquired an LTD EC-1007 ET. It's a wonderful guitar but it throws me off when playing it because the spacing is off between the A and D strings. How can I adjust the bridge where it aligns correctly? The nut itself is fine. Just the bridge is off. Any help???

Here are pictures for reference...
    Screenshot_20210330-111238_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210330-111118_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210330-111107_Gallery.jpg

2. KR250

KR250 Build addict

The Evertune saddles do float a bit, so if one is slightly off try pushing it slightly. I can kind of see it in the picture, but it's an easy fix. Otherwise it's pretty standard string spacing: 10.4mm

You might also want to check out the comb in the rear access panel to make sure all the tangs are fully engaged. If not, that can throw off the spacing and cause some buzzing.

It should like this (newest comb version):

upload_2021-3-30_9-58-56.png

3. JimF

JimF Contributor

I had a similar thing with all the units in the cavity at the rear being "twisted" over to one side (touching the cavity). I took all the tension off the strings, adjusted the intonation screws and just tried to move everything through it's range of movement. After that I refitted the strings and tightened them up and everything was back in place. Hopefully something similar should help!

4. Sgt.Mooseknuckles

Sgt.Mooseknuckles SS.org Regular

Thank you for the help guys! Problem fixed. My monkey brain just doesn't understand evertunes very well. Lol

JimF and KR250 like this.
  5. KR250

KR250 Build addict

It's a slight learning curve, but worth it once you figure out all the nuances!

JimF likes this.
  6. JimF

JimF Contributor

Glad you got sorted! I love mine. Life changing.

Zhysick and KR250 like this.