SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

The Mirror

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huge announcement time! There's so much to say about Devin and this album, for now I'll just say I'm so excited for this book to be released, and it's one of the most insane things I've ever transcribed.

Jesus. My birthday is a month away, dude. You are too early.

Never seen any even remotely usable tabs of Deconstruction online and all my attempts were rather half-assed with the dozens of layers in there and basically no stems available to sort it out.

Instabuy, thank you very much.

You had input from Devy or isolated tracks available for it?

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jesus. My birthday is a month away, dude. You are too early.

Never seen any even remotely usable tabs of Deconstruction online and all my attempts were rather half-assed with the dozens of layers in there and basically no stems available to sort it out.

Instabuy, thank you very much.

You had input from Devy or isolated tracks available for it?
Both :)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey Evan, I love that you're doing all these, and I'd like to get something from you, but you've got such a wide range of stuff, I don't even know where to start. What is the book that would give me the most practice, in terms of moving around on the fretboard with cool riffs? Right now I'm practicing some Veil of Maya Vicious Circles. I also love Zyglrox from Periphery, and Mea Culpa from The Human Abstract. Stuff that moves around a lot, and really works both hands is great practice, as opposed to just syncopated open strings or chugs. Anyway, let me know what you think would be best, and I'll buy it. I want to support all this work you're putting into these!

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Evan, I love that you're doing all these, and I'd like to get something from you, but you've got such a wide range of stuff, I don't even know where to start. What is the book that would give me the most practice, in terms of moving around on the fretboard with cool riffs? Right now I'm practicing some Veil of Maya Vicious Circles. I also love Zyglrox from Periphery, and Mea Culpa from The Human Abstract. Stuff that moves around a lot, and really works both hands is great practice, as opposed to just syncopated open strings or chugs. Anyway, let me know what you think would be best, and I'll buy it. I want to support all this work you're putting into these!
Based on these criteria, I'm leaning toward Cynic - Traced in Air. Songs like Evolutionary Sleeper and The Unknown Guest would be good for working on alternate picking and hand synchronization. Definitely give the album a listen if you haven't already. Thanks for your support!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Based on these criteria, I'm leaning toward Cynic - Traced in Air. Songs like Evolutionary Sleeper and The Unknown Guest would be good for working on alternate picking and hand synchronization. Definitely give the album a listen if you haven't already. Thanks for your support!
Ok awesome. I DO like Cynic, and have played some stuff, so I think you’re right - I’ll check it out!