Evan's Official Transcription thread

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't find the tabs for this anywhere. Maybe you can help?

Also the solo has never been tabbed for this song.

2:36

Boris_VTR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mostly D standard, a few songs in drop C.

Sounds perfect to me :) Would you say that that medium player could play some songs or is more for experienced/advanced players? Ask for rhythm guitars.

Last edited:

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds perfect to me :) Would you say that that medium player could play some songs or is more for experienced/advanced players? Ask for rhythm guitars.
There's a good mix, I'd say the most challenging songs as far as rhythm parts go would be the title track and The Fires of Division. Easiest would be Prescribing Horror and The Years of Death and Dying, both of which are in drop C.

Ryan is still doing music? Stopped checking after his project with Wes fell through and he didn't seem as active.
Don't know about Ryan's previous projects, but he actually contacted me earlier this year through instagram about doing the Mire transcriptions. The album has been several years in the making.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
There's a good mix, I'd say the most challenging songs as far as rhythm parts go would be the title track and The Fires of Division. Easiest would be Prescribing Horror and The Years of Death and Dying, both of which are in drop C.

Don't know about Ryan's previous projects, but he actually contacted me earlier this year through instagram about doing the Mire transcriptions. The album has been several years in the making.
That's really good to hear. I followed him on Instagram since 2015 but he stopped posting much a few years back with the occasional update. Excited for Mire.

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No real news here, just wanted to share this interview where Erik Rutan gives me a shoutout and talks a little bit about how the Hate Eternal tab book came to be. I'm so grateful to Erik for giving me a chance and trusting me to do his songs justice. Looking forward to doing more books together in the future! The relevant part starts at 29:20, but the whole interview is a fun listen.

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Though I transcribed all of the 90s Dream Theater albums and released my corrected tab books over a year ago, I thought this would be a good song to do a full synchronized tab video for. Maybe I'll do more of the 90s songs in the future.

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Starting off the new year with a huge announcement! I had the honor and pleasure of working with the Cannibal Corpse guys on this, I'm so excited for it to be finally announced. This is also my first official bass transcription.
CC- VU 1.jpg

Rosal76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Starting off the new year with a huge announcement! I had the honor and pleasure of working with the Cannibal Corpse guys on this, I'm so excited for it to be finally announced. This is also my first official bass transcription.

Yes!!! Gonna order this as soon as it comes out.

Rosal76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Evan, did the guys in Cannibal give you the isolated tracks for the album and then you transcribed the music by ear? Regardless of how the album was transcribed, I'm gonna buy it. I'm just curious.