Evan's Official Transcription thread

Rosal76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The tab book for Jake Howsam Lowe's EP, Oh Earth, is available now:

Got my tab book today! As always, every time I get a new tab book, I listen to the album (or EP in this case) and look at the tab book at the same time to get a feel for the songs and what to expect for when I cover them. Very pleased with the book and had fun following the tab and listening to the music at the same time. Some of the solos look kind of tough but nonetheless, eager to cover them when the time comes. Buying this book was way different than what I normally buy because I normally buy death metal tab books but after listening to J.H.L's EP several times and going through the tab book, I am so, so glad I got this book instead of something else. But anyways, thank you Evan, for not only transcribing another awesome tab book but for also posting about Jake's EP and the book on this forum because I would have never known who he was.

Last edited:

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got my tab book today! As always, every time I get a new tab book, I listen to the album (or EP in this case) and look at the tab book at the same time to get a feel for the songs and what to expect for when I cover them. Very pleased with the book and had fun following the tab and listening to the music at the same time. Some of the solos look kind of tough but nonetheless, eager to cover them when the time comes. Buying this book was way different than what I normally buy because I normally buy death metal tab books but after listening to J.H.L's EP several times and going through the tab book, I am so, so glad I got this book instead of something else. But anyways, thank you Evan, for not only transcribing another awesome tab book but for also posting about Jake's EP and the book on this forum because I would have never known who he was.
Thank you so much! I actually hadn't heard Oh Earth prior to being asked to transcribe it, but I'm glad I accepted the challenge. Jake has a new EP coming out soon, a collaboration with I Built the Sky.

In other news, the Witherfall tab book is here! I had a lot of fun transcribing this album and working with Jake Dreyer to accurately notate every detail and layer. All copies of the book include a download of the Guitar Pro 7 files. Buy it here: https://witherfall.com/product/696253
Witherfall.jpg

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How come?
I have all those tabs/jam tracks from JTC for the aristocrats releases. They are pretty good. I can't vouch for their accuracy regarding finger positions, but the notes and timing appear correct. The first album doesn't have any guitar pro files, but all the other releases do. The only thing I'm disappointed with is for "You Know What?" release, they only have tabs/tracks for 6 of the 9 songs. They claim there was too much layering on the other 3 tracks to try and consolidate everything into a single guitar track. I only learned a handful of the songs, but love playing along to the jam tracks. Those alone are worth the price.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
your front yard, staring into your window
Got the Decapitated book in two days ago. I haven't even started playing it yet, but I read the tabs while listening along to each song. Note for note perfection. You have no idea how much this book means to me! Eternal thanks to Evan and Vogg and everyone involved. Also, wicked smart making it a ring bound book for a proper music stand (looking at you, Hal Leonard).

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got the Decapitated book in two days ago. I haven't even started playing it yet, but I read the tabs while listening along to each song. Note for note perfection. You have no idea how much this book means to me! Eternal thanks to Evan and Vogg and everyone involved. Also, wicked smart making it a ring bound book for a proper music stand (looking at you, Hal Leonard).
Thanks so much for your support and feedback! Vogg's stuff is so much fun to play, please keep me updated on your progress with the songs.

ArtDecade

Cretin Hop
Reaction score
Hey, Evan. Are you doing the most recent self-titled Lamb Of God record? The last two are up on SheetHappens so fingers crossed.

Evan89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey, Evan. Are you doing the most recent self-titled Lamb Of God record? The last two are up on SheetHappens so fingers crossed.
Would like to! There aren't official books for As the Palaces Burn or Sturm und Drang either. And of course, I've found errors in the few songs I've looked through in the Ashes and Sacrament books. As far as I know, Mark and Willie are "by ear" players and don't read tab. Maybe I can convince them that doing tab books with their direct involvement is a worthwhile endeavor.

Lots of books and other projects are in the works, hopefully I'll be able to share more announcements soon.

Latest posts