ESP Strap Lock Question

DarrellM5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My ESP E-II M-II, that I bought in mint condition, came with strap lock buttons installed. It didn't come with the strap locks themselves. Are they any good and, if so, where can I buy a set? Are they proprietary or readily available from other companies?

If the ESP strap locks are good I'll probably get a set. If not, I'll just put DiMarzio ClipLocks on like most of my other guitars. My Chapman ML-1 Pro came with Schaller or Schaller compatible locks but the ESP buttons are pretty wide.

DarrellM5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

DarrellM5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If they're still the same as the set I used to have on an Edwards, I could use my straps with the Schaller lock on them.
My Schaller won't fit but it still looks like those Dunlops might. I think I'll grab a set and give it a shot. If they don't fit I'll just put them on another guitar. I'll be sure to update this thread with the results.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My Schaller won't fit but it still looks like those Dunlops might. I think I'll grab a set and give it a shot. If they don't fit I'll just put them on another guitar. I'll be sure to update this thread with the results.

Maybe, that's what the other dude said his were, and mines probably different since both of mine have been Japan only Edwards.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dunlops? All mine were with Schaller buttons so I figured those were stock..
Huh.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Can you post a photo? Pretty sure we can confirm if they are dunlop once we've seen them.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
My Horizon Custom came with the ESP ones I think. My Viper Custom came with dunlops I guess.

They aren’t interchangeable from what I remember, meaning the guitar will fall off. Just my recollection.

I can A-B them later if you want. But, they functionally are the same as far as I can tell. I think the ESP ones (guitar side) are slightly smaller.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
OP, just buy a set of straploks on amazon since they let you return literally anything and they will likely work. If not return for no loss. :)

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
My Horizon Custom came with the ESP ones I think. My Viper Custom came with dunlops I guess.

They aren’t interchangeable from what I remember, meaning the guitar will fall off. Just my recollection.

I can A-B them later if you want. But, they functionally are the same as far as I can tell. I think the ESP ones (guitar side) are slightly smaller.
I meant to write Schaller instead of Dunlop.