ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MFB

MFB Banned

@Andromalia what in the actual shit is that? More pics now.

2. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

E-II Eclipse full thickness natural black burst

Attached Files:

3. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Ultra Tone. I want one for doomz

4. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

That’s a beautiful Horizon, but I refuse to believe we live in a world where we would possibly have to justify buying more.

destroyerdogs, Millul and groverj3 like this.
  5. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

the titan metal finish calls to me

6. MFB

MFB Banned

Looked up some more pics of it, gotta say, I think it's one that looks better when I see it in pics vs. in reality. I didn't realize it was as offset as it is, but it reminds me a bit too much of a Silvertone on further inspection.

7. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

That was an opportunity buy, it was on clearance for 1999€. It's a bit peculiar in that the neck is really, really big, but getting very low action isn't an issue so it's still easy to play. The thing on this one is the wood figuring which is pretty neat, here's some more
    1616929572821.jpg

Dumple Stilzkin likes this.
  8. 4Eyes

4Eyes SS.org Regular

How do you like it? I'm playing with an idea of selling gear I don't really need and buying a guitar instead - this one is hot candidate

9. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

So I’m in the honeymoon phase and I’m in love. It’s making me feel that I’ve been wrong about the guitars I think I want or need. It sounds awesome. EMGs through my Mesa Mark V... you know the sound and it’s awesome. ESP says it’s “thin u” neck but it has some meat to it. The extra thickness on the neck is not something I’m used to but it’s super comfortable. If you can get your hands on one to try, do it but don’t be afraid to order one if you like the specs. It’s very well built.

Mathemagician and 4Eyes like this.
  10. guitar_player4_2_0

guitar_player4_2_0 SS.org Regular

BFEAB6F2-C360-4C23-9E1E-D28F9E3F4BEF.jpeg 41AB294C-0680-4778-A464-57EACE3E52AD.jpeg E20375ED-FB2A-44AF-A444-D775969BCB30.jpeg 57737D8A-8559-4832-A184-7FE98F7B79AE.jpeg Picked this up last year from AMS before the $200 price jump. Never did a NGD as I went quite a few years laying low around here. My first ESP, frets are the best I’ve ever played on. Satin finish feels great and it’s one of the most solid feeling guitars I’ve ever felt. Not gonna lie, I got this only for the finish. Normally I don’t like Floyd’s but I had to have this. Since I’ve gotten it I replaced the pickups with an 85 in the bridge and a 60AX in the neck. Strange combo, got a smoking deal on each one on eBay lol. Also, I removed the three way because I always hit the volume while playing. I installed a push pull volume wired as a pickup selector and moved it where the three way was. Plugged the volume knob hole with an auto body plug and good to go. 85 sounds great in the bridge and I love the 60AX. I’d never heard of it but it’s an X series 60 with an alnico magnet. Matches perfectly with the 85. Other than that the guitar is great, it was always a dream to have a “real” ESP. I can’t say I don’t wish it actually said “ESP” on the headstock, but I know that’s just me being crazy. Between the finish, frets, playability, and tone, it was totally worth it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  11. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

I got my ESP standard SVII today and wow, I thought I would really regret putting my Schecters up for sale, especially the A6 which is already gone, but nope. 10 years old and feels almost brand new. Some chips in the points but they aren't bad and it's in way better condition than I thought it would be. I was also expecting to replace the dual 81s but based on how it sounds in drop C I probably won't. It's naturally very dark and EXTREMELY resonant. I love the neck shape and size and the urban camo satin is probably my favorite finish I've ever seen.

100% worth it, threads and pics inc

Ted Pikul, Masoo2, BabUShka and 2 others like this.
  12. John

John New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh

Throwback to my very first ESP, an Eclipse II. Despite my preference to trems and having at least 24 frets (the better choices out there, yes), I couldn't just pass it up when I was able to get it new for a stupidly low price at the time.

[​IMG]

13. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

White Eclipses are sexy AF. It’s still on my ‘bucket list’ of guitars. I already have a black one so hard to justify haha

soliloquy likes this.
  14. John

I've been primarily a fan of red guitars, especially when a figured top is involved like my other late 90's one. Most of my electric guitars have been that way, but it's tough to pass up the classiness of a white Eclipse as well.

[​IMG]

15. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Those pickup rings simultaneously please and hurt my eyes, and the whole package gives me gas. That is a damn nice looking eclipse. Love the Floyd.

16. John

I've never fully grasped the dislike towards pickup rings on an LP-type or PRS-type guitar. Without them, they strike me as weird, as if something would be missing. On the bright side, at least these match the binding.
    In any case, thanks man. The OFR is loads of fun to use with this guitar, and it's a pity that upper end ESP (even more-so with the USA counterpart that opened up again) Eclipse builds tend to miss out on the great setup of 24 frets and a trem these days more often than not.

17. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Whoops, I just meant the contrast of cream/black hurts my eyes.
    I completely agree - their are not enough 24 fret and Floyd eclipses out there. Totally shreddy and 100% classy. I would love to see one in that blue liquid metal finish.

18. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

yup, like you, also on my bucket list.
    i want to white it out completely with white pickups, white pickup rings, chrome bridge/saddle and knobs.

debating on abusing a EC256 in white for this, or an EC-1000, Edwards, or E-II

the EC256 comes with black binding, which looks odd to me.
    the EC-500 comes in olympic white, which is a great finish, but hard to use white pickups with it.
    EC-1000 and E-II aren't that far off in terms of price here

Flappydoodle likes this.
  19. josh1

josh1 SS.org Regular

So awesome, man. I use to drool about this on the ESP website.

20. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

i have such gas for that one but damn near 3600 in Canada so sadly on backburner

beerandbeards likes this.