ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, Feb 15, 2012.

1. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

2. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

Just took delivery of the new ESP KH-3 reissue today.

[​IMG]

Samark, Ted Pikul, Dooky and 13 others like this.
  3. Marked Man

Marked Man SS.org Regular

Rare piece! That is neck thru if I recall. Does it feel basically like a superstrat with different wings or is it different than his other KHs in terms of body thickness/neck profile, etc?

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  4. Marked Man

Don't remember if I've posted my Eclipse II Std here before, but here she is, my Drop Db machine with 81/60 combo and good ol' fashioned ESP logo:

[​IMG]

soliloquy likes this.
  5. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

Nice! I had that exact same guitar at one point. Played great. The finish is really hard to photograph but it looks awesome in person.

Marked Man likes this.
  6. Marked Man

Indeed, very tough to capture what it looks like in person without perfect lighting.....probably my most difficult guitar to photograph.

7. Ted Pikul

Ted Pikul SS.org Regular

I had to send that one back because of faulty wiring. The replacement sounds just as good, clean and not. The JB just really shines in this maple/mahogany neck-thru guitar. I don't use the coil-splitting much, and that was one of the reasons that I bought the guitar. For some reason, clean humbuckers sound and feel very single-coil-y these days, in ESP LTDs and in Jackson Pros.

8. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Well… I went to buy strings @ GC, saw this on the wall, and left with it. Great guitar, it’s replacing my LP.
    0617C10A-2983-4CB7-A11B-76FF08DE2C4A.jpeg

9. 4Eyes

4Eyes SS.org Regular

I'll hijack this thread, too. Still in the honey moon phase, but I'm liking it so much, that I'll might be getting another E-II guitar for my 40, in the future, instead of some sort of custom build I was planning.

Attached Files:

10. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Had this guitar in my online cart for a while now, and although I tend to favor guitars with stainless steel frets now... it's really hard to resist.

11. mlp187

I was in the same boat. Once I picked it up, I was sold on it. It’s cheaper in-store than online, so I was rendered powerless to resist. I think a phone call might even net you a deeper discount.
    And there is a seller on reverb is letting these go for $1599 right now.

12. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

It's very very thin for an LP, and even for an Eclispe, no?
    At least looks that way compared to Eclipses I've owned.
    Even the regular ones, not even speaking full thickness ones.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  13. mlp187

It is definitely thin, between the peak of the carve between the pickups and the rear of the guitar, I would estimate a thickness of 1.625”-1.75.” It’s significantly thinner near the forearm rest area. Here’s a pic at the forearm region for reference (sorry about the imperial units): CC1DA75B-B553-491A-BD50-8578AEA2C6FE.jpeg

Kyle Jordan, soliloquy and mbardu like this.
  14. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Thin body, big binding, big sparkles, big yum overall :)

mlp187 likes this.
  15. pahulkster

pahulkster SS.org Regular

Ordered an EC Black Metal. Sweetwater had a light weight one from Korea so I decided to try it. I want to try the Black Winter so why not lol. I have an older MH-400 that is really good so I'm hoping this at least matches the quality. No stainless frets but that isn't a huge deal for me.

16. Marked Man

Crude cell pic as I haven't had time for a proper photo date yet. ESP Horizon III FR Cherry Fade. It is truly stunning in person and immaculate as if built by aliens.

[​IMG]

I was won over immediately by the Custom 5 at the bridge, but not yet sure about the Jazz at the neck. The Jazz has its place (especially the neck position of a dark Les Paul), but is very sweet and bright for my taste. I tend to like neck pickups that are a bit more big-boned, husky, and rolled off/smoky on top, but I'll give it more time.

One thing is for sure, it has a substantial, "mature" neck. This isn't some shred kid's guitar. Which is great, because I bought it as an alternative to a Majesty (I think the Horizon shape is better) or a PRS Custom 24 for my more mature prog side. It is definitely still faster than greased lightning however, and has naturally beefy, resonant tone. It's a great stablemate to my ESP Eclipse II, which I use more for ~traditional rock/metal, while the Horizon is more for exploring and reaching. :cheers:

17. mlp187

@Marked Man congrats!!! this is my favorite H-III in the E-II lineup. I’m 90 percent stoked for you and 10 percent jealous!

18. pahulkster

Got it and liking it so far. Nice build quality and I like the overall package. Frets are a little sharp for this price point. Only real knock from me. Only played for an hour or two though. I'll do a setup and tear into it longer tonight or tomorrow. I think I'm going to put it in D and keep tension a little lower with the shorter scale.

19. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

For those who have played the Eclipse line, all through out from the LTD EC256 to E-II, including the black metal and arctic metal series, would you say its a fair comparison between the EC line and the Epiphone/Gibson SG type guitars, instead of the Les Paul?

sure, the shape is there, but seeing as how SG is usually all mahogany, and EC, if they do have a maple cap, its kind of small (not hating on it) when compared to les paul, its sound would be closer to the SG than the les paul?

curious

20. pahulkster

Somehow never owned an SG but as far as my EC Black Metal goes I'd say that is accurate. If I make some room I might get the new E-II full thickness Eclipse when they come out. Those I'd say are probably more "Les Paul".

soliloquy likes this.