ESP NAMM 2019 thread

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Oct 12, 2018.

1. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

2. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

A "one of a kind" EII ? that's pretty weird.

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

DGCL is known for getting one-off prototypes of production guitars, especially ESP/LTD and Schecter.

4. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

ESP was teasing the other day a “should we bring back the Phoenix?” poll on their IG. I suspect this is a prototype.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  5. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Fingers crossed for a nitro finish

6. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Got a feeling there will be more come summer NAMM. Holy shit though these have gone up by about $500 since they last made them.

7. devastone

devastone SS.org Regular

Yeah, DCGL used to be an ESP candy store, they seem to be more involved with Schecter now days. FWIW, I live about 45 minutes away and used to make a trip down there quite a bit. Great guys to deal with.

8. TedintheShed

TedintheShed Retired bassist pretending to play guitar

Its one of the reasons I canceled my KM-7 MKIII Studio- I ordered the guitar same day it was announced but Schecter kept delaying and pushing my order back from the promised date. Meanwhile, custom shop Schecters kept hitting the websites of dealer after dealer like DCGL. I don't at all blame DCGL, but I won't buy a Schecter now.

9. yan12

yan12 SS.org Regular

DCGL still is an ESP candy store...lots more in stock than what is online. They have tons of custom shop ESP there and still get tons of prototypes. ESP/Schecter can almost be looked at as twin companies.

The neck thru Studio KM-7 is discontinued as far as I know. Not many were made. That should be communicated to you as a consumer, but the Studio is not on their website and has not been for a while. Other than the original run of a few they have not made any more AFAIK. Call Jason at DCGL as I bet he can give you more information.

As for not buying a Schecter product, that is your business. Consumers vote with their wallets and I do the same. But I really don't think Schecter jacked you around as much as it was a matter of not communicating clearly that product was DOA.

10. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Well Schecter is screwing around with my build. I've been trying to be patient but it's wearing thin. It supposedly was in paint as of February 1 and they said yesterday that they are just waiting for it to come out of paint. Nitro takes a while to gas out and whatever, but I didn't think that they use nitro. A two-part cured paint should not take anywhere near a month to paint gloss black.

It was supposed to be ready in November and now its late February and it's been getting painted gloss black for a month.

11. yan12

yan12 SS.org Regular

Cardinal, I feel your pain in the wait. Honestly, any guitar due in November is always on the chopping block of time with NAMM right around the corner...why companies promise guitar builds due in Nov-Jan is beyond me as I never see one get done then. Better to not have them rush it and get it out the door is my thought. Chewie has lots going on in the paint department, and although this is not any excuse for them, I think the wait will be worth it. Who did you order it through?
    And if you did a Masterworks level guitar, it won't leave until it is perfect no matter what delivery time was quoted. If Tetsu had to jump in and help with NAMM guitars that could explain why it is taking longer. But dammit I feel the pain as I have been there before.

12. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

NAMM is predictable. Backlog in paint is something that should be obvious.

I understand delays happen, but I’m extremely frustrated. I have another build going by someone else where he explained that it was delayed because of an unexpected issue with paint and poor weather. Maybe that is what happened here, but no one at Schecter is telling me why this keeps slipping.

13. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Wasnt forbidden to nitro paint things in California?

14. xwmucradiox

xwmucradiox sweep.tap.sweep

California has very strict pollution regulations. Its not that you cant spray nitrocellulose, its that you need a very elaborate air filtering system to meet the requirements for air going back into the environment and the cost of that kind of system keeps small manufacturers or custom shops from spraying nitrocellulose.

Solodini likes this.
  15. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I seriously doubt that schecter sprayed my guitar with Nitro and has been waiting a month for it to gas out enough to buff. I assume they use a cured finish that would be done in half a day if they would kindly get around to finishing a guitar that was supposed to be completed in November and has been “in paint” since at least early Feb.

Sorry for derailing the ESP thread. I LOVE the looks of the USA M7FR.

16. jwoods986

jwoods986 SS.org Regular

Looks like ESP/LTD just had a big price increase from yesterday to today ($100-200 for unchanged models). A couple examples I've noticed so far:
    KH602 Purple Sparkle - $1099 to 1199
    KH602 Black - $899 to 1099
    Lynch Kami IV - $1199 to 1299
    Hanneman JH600 - $999 to 1199

Flappydoodle likes this.
  17. NosralTserrof

NosralTserrof SS.org Regular

Has any one on here picked up a B-1005SE? I realize this is the guitar portion of the forum but I've found *nothing* online about these guys.

18. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

I bought one of those when they came out originally here in the US and sent it back. I really love firebirds and how they play but something about the Phoenix just didn't feel right which sucked because they look really cool.

19. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

Ordered the purple satin Carpenter...too clean!

setsuna7, Masoo2, ImNotAhab and 5 others like this.
  20. narad

narad Owned a Zune

This just started poppin up here in Tokyo. I dig the subtle straight line additions on the body:

[​IMG]

cardinal, setsuna7, Tisca and 8 others like this.