ESP NAMM 2019 thread

Crundles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't expect the viper 7B to neckdive less than the 25.5 inch version, right

I want a sevenstring, and while there have been a ton of cool announcements around NAMM, the viper is the one I'm most likely going to be able to afford.

xlarge.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't expect the viper 7B to neckdive less than the 25.5 inch version, right

I want a sevenstring, and while there have been a ton of cool announcements around NAMM, the viper is the one I'm most likely going to be able to afford.

xlarge.

Invest in a good leather strap. It significantly helps and is easier on your shoulder.

MKII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
7RwoeH0.jpg

VarUhHp.gif

So damn sick. Like, screams play tech thrash on me and has a bit of a Michael Schenker vibe. SICK!!!

Crundles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Right click -> view image -> delete the .jpg and .gif from the URLs. Generally works for all unseeable pics.

It's a screenshot from this video at 6:59 and a gif of Anthony Hopkins

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
It really looks MUCH better in person. Plus jesus it sounds maaaaasive.
It does sound insane. I really love so much about this guitar but goddamn, will the wrong headstock ever grow on me? I have doubts. I do appreciate that they were trying to find some practical reason for why the reverse in line makes more sense against every aesthetic argument saying they are wrong. But the finish and logo do look cool.
Also, I always hear ENGLs and they sound good, but the Powerball V2 I had briefly was so disappointing. I still get a twinge of "maybe it was me" when I hear them, but there are a billion different options on that head and the only way I got it to cut live against a 6505 was basically max the mids and cut back the lows to almost zero. Did not like.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, I always hear ENGLs and they sound good, but the Powerball V2 I had briefly was so disappointing. I still get a twinge of "maybe it was me" when I hear them, but there are a billion different options on that head and the only way I got it to cut live against a 6505 was basically max the mids and cut back the lows to almost zero. Did not like.

From what I've been told about Engls, judging the entire Engl lineup on the Fireball or Powerball is like judging the entire Marshall lineup on the JCM900 series. They're not BAD and they do have their fans, but they're probably the worst amps they make/made.

Although I actually do kinda like the JCM900 series.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
From what I've been told about Engls, judging the entire Engl lineup on the Fireball or Powerball is like judging the entire Marshall lineup on the JCM900 series. They're not BAD and they do have their fans, but they're probably the worst amps they make/made.

Although I actually do kinda like the JCM900 series.
Isn’t that an Ironball she’s playing out of? Mini-Fireball, right?
It sounds mean as shit.

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread further, but color me interested in the 60w version of this. Sounds huge

NosralTserrof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wish they would cover the B-1005SE in the videos...that's probs the product I'm looking forward to the most, aside from that purple SC model. That purple SC model man...

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that an Ironball she’s playing out of? Mini-Fireball, right?
It sounds mean as shit.

not sure what it was based on but I thought the one I had was pretty awesome. The only EL84 lunchbox head I had that I really enjoyed.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
It does sound insane. I really love so much about this guitar but goddamn, will the wrong headstock ever grow on me? I have doubts. I do appreciate that they were trying to find some practical reason for why the reverse in line makes more sense against every aesthetic argument saying they are wrong. But the finish and logo do look cool.

There is no finish, body construction, extra string tension, or logo that can save that guitar with that headstock. It's just plain fugly...