ESP LTD H-308

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by gre1423, Nov 5, 2012.

1. gre1423

gre1423 New Member

Hello, I've just bought a ESP LTD H-308 and I saw there wasn't many pics of this guitar. The sound is great and more important than the look but here is 5 photos I've just taken.

Attached Files:

2. Maggai

Maggai Slayer of the gods

Awesome shots of the guitar, it looks really good!

3. Mason

Mason Juggy Doin' a Chuggy

I'm planning on buying one of these, It looks amazin'

:holy:

4. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

cool enjoy!
    I just landed this last week (see other thread)
    I was on the fence, but today I just got it back from a pro set up and my tune has changed- this axe is a keeper! I'm actually surprised my hands are finally adjusting to the strecthes...plus it makes me feel like GOD when I pick up my 6 string afterwards, lol

5. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

how does the 25.5" Scale feel? I seriously considering this over ibbys 27" scale,I play a lot of big streches.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion RooR

I was heavily considering this for my first 8, but went with the rga8 instead, after countless people advised me against such a short scale. I have always been curious as to how much of a difference it was. What do you have it tuned to, and how does it feel?
    Regardless, I have always loved ESP/ltd's work, and am stoked that you posted some more ESP pron for us. Congrats on the NGD!

7. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

I just spent this last summer getting to know a pair of H-308's. Great feeling guitar. I got a pair so my buddies and I could jam when we got together. I played them so hard there were noticable divots all over the fretboard from my fingernails. The F# string didn't sound good on the 25.5 inch scale length so I ended up putting super light strings on them and tuning them to A Standard which sounded great.

Long story short I finally got tired of 8 string guitars. I traded them away and went back to sixers and sevens. Seven strings is enough for me. Anything below B doesn't sound good to me under high gain. B is still high enough to do bar chords and have them still sound good. The only 8 string that would make sense to me is the multiscale Dean 8.

8. Mason

Mason Juggy Doin' a Chuggy

I know what you mean, I tune to BEADGBEA Though instead of having a low F# (I hate the way it sounds) but I love using the high A in solo's

9. Arcanerain

Arcanerain Well-Known Member

This guitar looks really nice. What's the 25.5 scale length like?

10. goldsteinat0r

goldsteinat0r Zib Zob Zabbity

I've had hands on one of these before and aside from the rather iffy intonation/tension on the low F# (which I imagine could be compensated for) it was a pretty sweet axe. Congrats!