ESP Japan Factory tour

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Zado, Mar 30, 2020.

1. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

2. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

Seriously why did they have Perry do this? His nervous/jittery energy in every video he does for PG makes me feel anxious. Hard to watch to be honest. I'd much rather have John Bohlinger's dorky dad vibes all day.

3. vilk

vilk Very Regular

The guy at Big Boss Kyoto looked me straight in the face and said my Edwards SG was manufactured in Japan (in 2012 I think...). Also the paperwork that came with it said so as well. And there is different wording in Japanese for things that are only just assembled or finished in Japan. But who knows how strict enforcement of that kind of thing is, or if there even is any.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  4. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Fender USA and Custom Shop are technically under one roof but are their own entities. I think the only thing they share is hardware. Honestly, even Fender is a lot smaller operation than I pictured in my mind.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I meant they're part of one building complex out in Cali. Though they're recently set up an "annex" for the Custom Shop in Ron Thorn's home shop, which is a company first as far as I know.

So yeah, it's Fender, Jackson, and Gretsch all under the same roof.

The Fender Custom Shop is huge now. There's over dozen Master Builders now. It wasn't long ago it was only four or five at one time.

Fender USA in general has a really cool operation. You wouldn't believe the stuff they still make in house.

Wildebeest and AkiraSpectrum like this.