ESP E-II M-II NT or schecter MIK banshee mach6

Konstantine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The time has come for me to replace my worn out LTD H1000 from circa 2005 so I'm now shopping for a new sixer to replace it and not be too far off from how it played.

I've had my eyes fixed on the fairly new esp E-II series, the M-II NT to be specific but have not found a whole lot of feedback on it online. The specs are pretty much dead on as far as what I'd order custom made besides the black fade finish on the top.

Then enters schecter, with a tempting and budget conscious (roughly $600 less) new series of the banshee, the banshee mach6. The Hipshot ibby style bridge looks interesting. Has lundgren pickups as well which I've never tried before. swamp ash vs mahogany on the ltd. I'm completely torn now. Unfortunately nobody has either of these in stock of course to try out.

Would mainly be using this for metal style music. Anyone have any feedback or advice?
I may try and see if sam ash will play ball and order a mach6 for their own inventory for me to try out so that way I can at least try one of them in person.

gunch

Riff Chugman
Reaction score
people will tell you all day to get the ESP but man, wait on sam ash to try both and see which you like more

MoJoToJo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I own a Banshee Elite F/R not a hardtail but have to say very good guitar in fact I would say better than my MIJ ESP Horizon was, mainly as the neck profile on the Banshee is more to my taste. Never going to topple my Ibbies though. The Banshee Mach6 looks pretty good spec wise including ss frets, apart from the roman numerals on fretboard but I could live with that. I did notice the neck profile on the Mach6 is a ultra thin "U" compared to my Banshee Elite ultra thin "C" both compound radius. Probably best to try before you buy if possible see which talks to you.

oversteve

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Regarding the build quiality that banshee will be more or less similar to your H-1000 with fancier options, while E-II will have a tad better build quality but it won't be miles away.
Regarding the playability it's like everyone said hard to say without trying both.

The Thing Upstairs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I recently bought an EII Eclipse and am really impressed with the quality of it.
The finish is outstanding, and I’ve really bonded with it and am looking to buy either an MII or Horizon.
I put the quality and feel in the ball park of my 7UC Ibby and my USA Jackson Smithy

No experience of the Schecter though so not much use to you I’m afraid.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
the EII will have better fretwork and finish, but they should both be very good guitars. Lundgrens are very bright, tight pickups. If you like the Aftermaths in the EII you'll probably like the Lundgrens, although they do have their own flavor. Those Hipshot ibby bridges are really nice.

Personally I'd go with the EII but I'm dumb and buy expensive guitars. Honestly the Schecter is probably more value for the money.