ESP Custom Shop Japan - How Do I Order

decoy205

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Depends on what you consider nuts I guess. If you have any specific questions about the process, I've ordered two full customs in the past (my first one came like a month after Feral?). That being said, I think everything you'd want to know will be revealed in the quote.

I mean something like a decent quilt with one of their color finishes maybe part of me is like keep it simple but part of me is like if you’re gonna go for it go big? I’m not generally into flashy guitars, but I do appreciate nice maple tops. I’ve been really thinking do I go 6 or 7 too.
Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it!

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
I mean something like a decent quilt with one of their color finishes maybe part of me is like keep it simple but part of me is like if you’re gonna go for it go big? I’m not generally into flashy guitars, but I do appreciate nice maple tops. I’ve been really thinking do I go 6 or 7 too.
Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it!

Well, in a nutshell, ESP Japan or USA can make you an M-II (6 string) with a quilt. You have more options and flexibility, greater cost, and longer lead time with Japan than with USA.

But, you mentioned a 7 string and depending on what M-II you're talking about (traditional head or dagger head), ESP USA won't make you a 7 string dagger head. So, you'd have to go with Japan. If you really wanted to, you could ask ESP Japan to make you an ESP USA, which would be very meta.

My customs (first 7, second 6 string) were with "go big or go home" mentalities. That being said, I don't think they are particularly fancy. Even my pink one I think is relatively classy for a pink guitar.

mbardu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My customs (first 7, second 6 string) were with "go big or go home" mentalities. That being said, I don't think they are particularly fancy. Even my pink one I think is relatively classy for a pink guitar.

Not sure what you are trying to imply here because pink guitars are the epitome of classy ;) !

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
They told me "no" for the M7.

Doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

I got another quote from a second dealer for a few hundred less. Placed my order for the lime burst m7 hard tail with maple fretboard, gold hardware and EMG's.

Should be 6-8 months. I too was told no on the headstock mod, sadly, but I'll manage. :D

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I got another quote from a second dealer for a few hundred less. Placed my order for the lime burst m7 hard tail with maple fretboard, gold hardware and EMG's.

Should be 6-8 months. I too was told no on the headstock mod, sadly, but I'll manage. :D
Outstanding!!! Looking forward to your NGD!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Totally not worth it. You're going to be paying about $1k more and waiting at least a year just for changing the color on an existing model, if you want a Japanese CS.

You can change the colour for $200. It says so on the ESP website.

And assuming the colour is the only change, then I don’t believe the wait time is a year. But, I could be wrong.

I'm a dumb dumb. I found the quote in my emails and the price was for a change of color and adding a trem. My bad.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
I wanted a Stef B8 with Floyd in green.

Quote came back as ~$5k, so I bought another Sadowsky instead.

Sometimes I think I'm the only non-guitar nerd on this forum. I had to look up Sadowsky. Interesting guitars. I kind of like their/his Tele's!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes I think I'm the only non-guitar nerd on this forum. I had to look up Sadowsky. Interesting guitars. I kind of like their/his Tele's!

I went for one of the new Satin series 5-string basses. No regrets.

If I go ESP it'll definitely be a USA, at the time I didn't like the options list, but not it's just about perfect.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
I went for one of the new Satin series 5-string basses. No regrets.

If I go ESP it'll definitely be a USA, at the time I didn't like the options list, but not it's just about perfect.

Yeah I'd like a USA Tele, but I can't really justify getting any more guitars. But a USA Tele or old Horizon are what I'm/I'd be looking for.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'd like a USA Tele, but I can't really justify getting any more guitars. But a USA Tele or old Horizon are what I'm/I'd be looking for.

The ESP USA stuff has been consistently great from what I've gotten my hands on.

I've never been super into ESP minus a couple of M-II bolt-ons I had way back, but the new USA models are very enticing.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
The ESP USA stuff has been consistently great from what I've gotten my hands on.

I've never been super into ESP minus a couple of M-II bolt-ons I had way back, but the new USA models are very enticing.

ESP's are really the only guitars I've had any experience with. I tell myself I'd like to get a Mayo or Wirebird, but I just end up going back into my ESP comfort zone. One day I'll break the cycle~

jon78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello.
I hope you can help me. I would like to order a special ESP Guitar from Japan that been played a japanese band but cant find it on the internet. I have a few photos and hope that you can help me to order it and send to europe then.
I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you and regards,