ESP Custom Shop Japan - How Do I Order

kingneptune117

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all,

Very excited to say I am looking to order an ESP Eclipse from the Japan custom shop.

Can someone with experience tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you have to go through a retailer. Sadly you can't go through ESP directly.

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not being too forward, but there are a few members on here who have ordered Japanese Customs.

You could try messaging them to see if they'd be willing to assist you: Ikke or Feraledge.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Hi! Congratulations, exciting times ahead! You must through a dealer to get a Japan custom.

ESP Custom Order Form
First download this and send it to your dealer --> https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/esp/site_assets/000/007/412/original.pdf?1522098152

ESP Dealer Locator
If you haven't already selected your dealer, here is the dealer locator on the ESP website --> https://www.espguitars.com/dealers

ESP Custom Club
In addition, we have a small community of people who have Japan customs located here --> http://www.sevenstring.org/threads/esp-custom-club.313510/
Though not everyone in there has gone through the process of getting a one-off Japan custom, those of who have can surely assist you.

I just got my second Japan custom back in February. If you you have questions, feel free to reach out!

In an hour or so, I can put a more detailed description of the process if you'd like. But the above should get you started.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I went through 6-string.com, unfortunately that's not really an option anymore. I can answer questions about the process, but I know other people will have better suggestions for retailers.

Reaction score
Damn I'd love an ESP custom..mainly because they seem to be the only company besides Schecter who will do pretty much anything you want, even custom shapes

Avedas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ESP Custom House and Big Boss would be the main local options off the top of my head. I can't speak to whether they accept international orders though, but ESP Custom House at least has English support.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
I believe you can order or through Drum City Guitarland. I’ve just gone through the process of ordering/receiving a custom ordered Schecter from them, and Drum City was fabulous.

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
I got a seriously reasonable quote (considering stuff like stainless frets and machine bolt neck inserts) for a custom from Nick @zimbloth from the Axe Palace before I had to waste the money on a new car.

yan12

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Call Jason at DCGL. He has know Matt Masciandro for a very, very long time and can make things happen. Having dealt with several guitar shops over the years for customs, I have concluded that Jason has the most connected situation going. Never had an issue dealing with him or DCGL. That's my two cents.

Millul

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Call Jason at DCGL. He has know Matt Masciandro for a very, very long time and can make things happen. Having dealt with several guitar shops over the years for customs, I have concluded that Jason has the most connected situation going. Never had an issue dealing with him or DCGL. That's my two cents.

The only issue here is that the guys at DCGL are on the wrong side of VAT and import duties, for me...

yan12

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
VAT is a killer for sure. I am spoiled because I live near DCGL. If you could just see half of what is available you would have a heart attack. There are some gems in there and many times I have fondled customs that were pre sold and for whatever reason don't get pics posted up. DCGL gets some incredible axes.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
ESP Custom House and Big Boss would be the main local options off the top of my head. I can't speak to whether they accept international orders though, but ESP Custom House at least has English support.

Big boss is ESP's own store so yes, you can order them there. They are insanely expensive though, even for a base model with just a different coat of paint.