Reaction score
I would do terrible things for this.

2-F37024-C-5-DA2-4-E77-AD94-B98-A019-D029-C.jpg

wiretap

n00b
Reaction score
I would do terrible things for this.

2-F37024-C-5-DA2-4-E77-AD94-B98-A019-D029-C.jpg

I really dig it, my thing with RD’s is I’m not big on how small the bodies are overall, particular toward the middle of the guitar. I prefer the size of the Phoenix or Firebird. I guess I just like big ass guitars when it comes to weird shapes like that. THAT SAID: I know things. Keep your eyes peeled for some namm goodies similar to this.

mehegama

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not much that I know about it unfortunately. It's a custom shop from the 90's with I assume is a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and an ESP single coil sized humbucker. Last couple of years I've been obsessed with green guitars, so this one's obviously a keeper :)

It is not a DiMarzio. It is an LB-150 on the bridge and an SH-100 (POWERRAIL). They are ESP made and they are very good pickups that give this characteristic 80s sound.

ThomasUV777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It is not a DiMarzio. It is an LB-150 on the bridge and an SH-100 (POWERRAIL). They are ESP made and they are very good pickups that give this characteristic 80s sound.

Good to know! They do sound very good. And I had already ordered a Cream Dimarzio Tone Zone with gold poles and a cream Dimarzio Air Norton S before the guitar arrived with the intention of throwing these out and installing the Dimarzios... but at this point, I'm not so sure if I'll put'em in :noplease:

mehegama

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I did sold mine coz i wanted to put blackouts and got really good money for them they are quite rare. It s just a matter of taste. If you like this 80s sound, dont look anywhere else. These are not like cheap stock pickups. I m more into a more modern sound so I went with the blackouts.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
@Womb raider @wiretap

Do the serials on your newest JP Customs end with a 1 or 2? Feel free not to decline to answer, as most don't show or talk about their guitar's serial. I’m just curious. My viper ended with a 2.

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
@Womb raider @wiretap

Do the serials on your newest JP Customs end with a 1 or 2? Feel free not to decline to answer, as most don't show or talk about their guitar's serial. I’m just curious. My viper ended with a 2.
My custom ends in 1, sig series with a 2. Hope that helps.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That thing is so nice. Seriously need a return of that body style or the XJ. If I ever get a custom I basically wanted that color with maple fretboard in a XJ body.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
What I nice guitar. I love the contrast of the dark neck and blue body.

Flamedmaple

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My viper ended with a 2.
What's actually the difference between 1 and 2? Both come from the custom shop, are made in the same factory, by the same people...?
Of what i've seen, most exhibition series end with 2, and they're like the nicest guitars ESP makes.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah we like, need ESP to release that RD-clipse on the top of the page and a wiretap signature model like yesterday.

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's actually the difference between 1 and 2? Both come from the custom shop, are made in the same factory, by the same people...?
Of what i've seen, most exhibition series end with 2, and they're like the nicest guitars ESP makes.

I'm not sure but supposedly the numbering system (that they began in 2016) represents the following:

1 = ESP Custom Shop
2 = ESP Tokyo Factory
3 = ESP Standard Factory

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score

Just what factory it was made in. My first custom has a 2, the second one has a 1. Seems most are made in the Tokyo factory. I've seen exhibitions with 1's and 2's. My question was simply out of curiosity.