ESP Arrow haters - Talk me out of getting one

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Depends

Have you owned an RR shape before?

With some people's customary home playing postures or obsessive-compulsive tendencies (constantly worrying about whacking it on something), the dimensions are just no good
The arrow has a little more of a wing on the bottom, so I imagine they’re not quite as tricky as RRs when seated. But you definitely get used to a V / RR pretty quickly anyway IME.

As for OCD about whacking it on shit, idk what the answer is there. A Steinberger? They’re guitars. They’re going to get dinged and scratched if you play them. It’s part of the fun

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
^ USA-made King Vs and Japan-made Arrows are within a fairly similar price bracket, IIRC. Are you comparing an import King V to ESP Original/E-II prices?

Metaluna

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ye
^ USA-made King Vs and Japan-made Arrows are within a fairly similar price bracket, IIRC. Are you comparing an import King V to ESP Original/E-II prices?
yes, I must have. That’s what I saw on the Jackson site. I prefer the asymmetrical shape of the Arrow though.
I played a Jackson RR and in a shop recently and a Mexican Charvel San Dimas was so much better. I wish there was a Mexican alternative for a V. They really do know from guitars down there.