ESP 2021 New Models

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Rotatous, Oct 9, 2020.

1. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Must just be listed wrong.

aesthyrian likes this.
  2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Like I said there must have been a miscommunication and ESP did end up going with 24.75". Same thing happened wit the original walnut LTD Alex Wade baritone. He kept saying it'll be 27 but or ends up being 26.5.

aesthyrian likes this.
  3. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Hope some of these make it out later this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I'm likely not going to "tune in" at a specific time haha

Agreed. They also posted a few clips on YouTube. Looks lame honestly. Very short interviews - the usual "endorsement" video where they say some stuff about ESP. And they're all clearly self recorded at home with webcams haha.

5. Trashgreen

Trashgreen SS.org Regular

I watched the video again and again and there is nowhere I can find this exact quote from Mike. If someone can tell where in the video he mentions scale length please do so..?

He does mention the MSV-1 being all mahogany but says nothing about maple cap. Should be interesting to see what is what when these hit the stores.

ESP is know for getting the specs wrong. Like in 2018 when I bought the Sugizo Horizon which where listed as having XJ frets but turned out having vintage frets. I even told ESP about the mistake, it took ESP one year before correcting the specs when other people started making questions too. Funny thing some music stores still carry the first listed specs...

aesthyrian likes this.
  6. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

So far the first 2 have consisted of Lynch mindlessly shredding on different ESP USA models in a museum and some short interviews with artists. Plays out more like an hour long infomercial, pretty disappointing. They had a chance to do something cool and mailed it in.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  7. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Mike answered it directly in the comments below the video.

setsuna7, aesthyrian and Trashgreen like this.
  8. Trashgreen

Trashgreen SS.org Regular

Thank you, found the quote in the comments of the video!

aesthyrian likes this.
  9. I play music

I play music SS.org Regular

Just found it. You really aren't missing anything, I switched it off after 20 sec .. it's like endless annoying TV advertisement really

Flappydoodle and mlp187 like this.
  10. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

E-II Japan gets some really cool stuff. I’m wondering if market research shows those Japanese market items performing poorly stateside or if it is some manager’s gut feeling. Not that they don’t already have some great offerings in the states, and they certainly aren’t hurting for sales.

JimF and Masoo2 like this.
  11. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Good question, I think there are definitely some that wouldn’t be very well accepted. Beyond the crazy shapes some Japanese artists get, they have some real odd choices in specs that seem to be popular there. These aren’t signature guitars, but they were also posted and have Phatcats (I’m assuming, Humbucker sized P90s at any rate) and non locking trems, Gotoh 510 probably. Can’t imagine that being a choice most us buyers would want, but it very well may work just fine in the Japanese market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

Good god how do I get that purple one stateside?!

Millul likes this.
  13. Korblod

Korblod SS.org Regular

Im debating myself between this two models, the LTD´s EC-1000 FR, I like both, but the See Thru it´s sexier, the issue is the pickups it comes with, EMG 66TW/EMG 57F, I just know nothing about those ones, anyone has any suggestions?, I want this guitar for some Heavy and Thrash metal tones, and last, anyone knows how much this are gonna cost?
    ESP 3_compress86.jpg ESP 4_compress85.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Musiscience and Seabeast2000 like this.
  14. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

God those are so cool.

May be wrong about this, but doesn't ESP Japan treat much of their unique/cool E-IIs as limited runs? Similar to the multiple limited runs we've seen them have in Australia? Where as in the US they seem to make E-IIs be constant stock items that you should theoretically be able to order at any major chian.

Guess there probably isn't a big enough market for those in the US which is a real shame because they're all stupid nice.

15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Those pickups are incredible.

the TW version of the 66 neck pickup means its able to be split and do single coil tones (which sound great) and that 57F (F is just the FLoyd spaced version - its tonally identical to a regular 57) is one mean pup. Many claim the 57/66 set to be the best pups EMG offer.

Anything a few years old from Andy James is 57/66 set -

Mathemagician and Korblod like this.
  16. Korblod

Korblod SS.org Regular

I guess that if I end up not liking em' I could just buy an EMG 81/60 set (I've seen that switching EMG pickups is really easy as to unplug old ones and plug new ones), but my main concern when switching is the 66 pickup, couse it comes with the push/pull knob system, will I be able to swich to another pickup without having to mess with the wiring and stuff?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    lewis likes this.
  17. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

exactly!

dont forget everything they do is solderless (quick connect) and buying pickups from them always comes with pots and wiring kit, therefore should you want to change the pups for 81/60 and the stock push/pull is giving problems or not ideal, its simple to unplug it and plug in a normal tone pot from the new set :)

(Provided the factory didnt choose to solder the stock pickups in - in that case you would have to get the soldering iron out to make the switch)

Korblod likes this.
  18. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

WTF???
    The purple, 510-ed M-II and that quilted top Hipshot M-I would be INSTABUYS for me! are these Japan-only??

mlp187 and Mathemagician like this.
  19. MKII

MKII SS.org Regular

I guess the M-1000 proper will be the last to reveal? Killing me. I hope they don't fuck it up.

20. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

Did they announce the person that won the arctic metal prototype?