EPIC NGD: ESP LTD Phoenix Black Metal (Fishman Fluence Modern)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Guitarjon, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

Sooo I got a new guitar, yay! Last week my new LTD Phoenix Black Metal arrived.

Since I got it it's easily becoming one of my favorite guitars. It looks cool, it's simple and elegant, the features are sick, it plays great and most importantly: it sounds great! The Fishman Moderns don't sound great in every guitar but luckily the chunky and resonant sound of this guitar works very well with this pickup. This one is made in Indonesia, just as my white Phoenix 1000 but the frets and wood they used it just great. Feels very similar to the Korean stuff tbh.

There was a small flaw (that I also discuss in my video) and that is that there are some small (finish) cracks near the fret-ends on the binding of the neck. I told Thomann about it and they ended up giving me a 50 euro discount. Not super stoked about it but it's subtle and when I don't think about it I don't notice it at all. Aside from that this guitar really is amazing!

The neck feels sooo smooth with the satin finish and the shape of the neck is sweet as well. Quite fast! The Fishman is great in the active voicing, very tight and gnarly sounding. The passive voicing is also cool and definitely useable.

Anyway, I cover all these things in my demo. You can hear this guitar with my ENGL Fireball 100, Peavey Invective 120, PRS MT15 and Friedman JJ Jr in it as well. Check it out and let me know what you think of the guitar! Would you buy one?

2. JimF

JimF Contributor

Added it to my playlist for later! Always enjoy your vids.
    However, this is almost criminal - a NGD post without photos?!?!!?!?! :D

The video doesn't count

Trashgreen and Guitarjon like this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Me every time I see an RD/Phoenix: “Play Ghost riffs”

JD27 and Guitarjon like this.
  4. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

That's such a cool looking guitar. Sounds great too!

Guitarjon likes this.