Engl e530 question

InvokethisDisease

Reaction score
Hey, I've done some research and settled on getting a Engl e530 with a Harley Benton 212 Cab. The Engl says that it has a 1.5 x 2 watt 4 ohm power amp in it and also says it can be used with other various things like headphones and speakers. My question is can it only be used with 4 ohm cabs and if not can what cabs can I run it through?

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Headphone jack is where you would be getting signal from the internal 3 watt power amp. Take note that it is a STEREO jack. So you will need a 1/4" stereo to 1/4 mono cable. Or what I needed to use was a 1/4" stereo to two 1/4" mono and ran two cabs.

If you plug a MONO plug ( regular speaker cable ) into the Headphone jack, only one side of the PA will see a load. This could result in trouble.

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Before I grabbed my power amp, I used the Engl's on board power amp to drive two 2x12 cabs. Sounded awesome. Just read the manual carefully... it's all there in detail.

SevenSkull

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I run my E530 into a Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage with a Strereo->2xMono cable. It's perfect for bedroom level and a little bit above. Never dared to turn the volume past noon at home - even not on a weekend afternoon.

troyguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Headphone jack is where you would be getting signal from the internal 3 watt power amp. Take note that it is a STEREO jack. So you will need a 1/4" stereo to 1/4 mono cable. Or what I needed to use was a 1/4" stereo to two 1/4" mono and ran two cabs.

If you plug a MONO plug ( regular speaker cable ) into the Headphone jack, only one side of the PA will see a load. This could result in trouble.

^ that