Engineers Unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by fortisursus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

^ Civil engineering will teach you all those things you mentioned, plus a whole lot more. I don't know exactly what a Land Surveyor does, and I may be severely underestimating the job, but civil engineering will certainly teach the things you listed, plus many, many more.

But one class at a time in engineering...? Isn't there another solution? Assuming you don't have to take extra credits, my university's civil engineering degree is 120 credits, at an average of about 3.2 credits per course... you do the math.

Sorry I'm not being very helpful, and forgive me for sounding cynical, but it sounds like you're in a tough spot. I seriously wish you the best of lucks, dude. :yesway::wavey:

2. rectifryer

rectifryer Banned

Florida state schools are cheap, and if I can start from remedial math (ged) and work my way to a BSEE while working 40 hours a week, I think you can do it man. It took me 8 years, though.

3. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

ECE Dual major, Junior year!

I will have 5 degrees by the time it's over. Two associates in EET/CET, an AS in general education, and two degrees in EE/CE.

My concentrations are embedded systems and RF engineering.

I absolutely hate 3-phase control systems. You guys who get it easily can go phuck yourselves :lol:

4. fortisursus

fortisursus SS.org Regular

I for awhile thought about going in the RF/Communications direction. But instead I went for 3 phase power systems haha. Some of those control schemes are confusing as hell though. Towards the end of my electromechanics course the teacher went into electric machine control schemes using dq0 transforms. I don't think anyone in the class fully grasped the topic at the time(including myself).

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

Half an engineer. Electronics Engineering Technologist. Id love to go back for another 2 years someday and get a bachelors, but life is full of surprises and priorities. I do love what I do though and what I've learned. :)

6. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

Software Engineer in the house... :flex:

7. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

You could say that, but it's all coding in the end right? :hbang:

8. The Q

The Q The Engineer

Yeah but with a hell of a lot documentation to go along.