Empress Heavy? Empress Multidrive? Something Else?

cmpxchg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol the Metallurgy stuff is literally Helix amps which you apparently don't like so shit not sure what unicorn you are chasing but yeah get some IRs instead of stock Helix cabs as their cabs take a lot of tweaking.

Best of luck on your hunt
the Metallurgy stuff also has new/improved cab modeling vs Helix which just reinforces this point even more

Shoeless_jose

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the Metallurgy stuff also has new/improved cab modeling vs Helix which just reinforces this point even more

Is it actually different cabs or just the control interface is different?? I can't recall and don't have time for a deep dive on the specs atm

cmpxchg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
AFAIK, cabs in Metallurgy are all new vs Helix stock.

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I run all of my pedals/modelers through a Two Notes CAB M and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. You can run 2 IRs at once, it has both pre and power amp simulation as well as an eq section and an 'exciter' which is comparable to a much more flexible BBE Sonic Maximizer. (it has a mix level as well as 3 parameters). This bad boy can help you craft a usable tone out of just about anything.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I run all of my pedals/modelers through a Two Notes CAB M and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. You can run 2 IRs at once, it has both pre and power amp simulation as well as an eq section and an 'exciter' which is comparable to a much more flexible BBE Sonic Maximizer. (it has a mix level as well as 3 parameters). This bad boy can help you craft a usable tone out of just about anything.
Any distortion pedals you like running through the CAB M?

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Any distortion pedals you like running through the CAB M?
The 'high gain' pedals that have are Megalith Delta, MXR 5150, Bogner Ecstacy Red and a Visual Sounds Son Of Hyde. Not gonna lie, tit does take a bit more finessing to get a good sound out of the pedals than it does a modeller (ie: GSP1101, Pod X3, etc..) but it is do-able.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The 'high gain' pedals that have are Megalith Delta, MXR 5150, Bogner Ecstacy Red and a Visual Sounds Son Of Hyde. Not gonna lie, tit does take a bit more finessing to get a good sound out of the pedals than it does a modeller (ie: GSP1101, Pod X3, etc..) but it is do-able.
That is cool. I currently have the G2 and G3 from Revv (I want to get a G4 as well, but may also pick up a second G2) which I use when I get bored of the Tech 21 Character series pedals I have. I love the Tech 21 pedals, but a change is nice.

The reason I want a second G2 is because the pedal can either get relatively clean or it can get some decent low to medium gain tones as well. The G3/G4 are basically balls out from 0 on up. That is with the aggression off; red and blue are even more so.

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is cool. I currently have the G2 and G3 from Revv (I want to get a G4 as well, but may also pick up a second G2) which I use when I get bored of the Tech 21 Character series pedals I have. I love the Tech 21 pedals, but a change is nice.

The reason I want a second G2 is because the pedal can either get relatively clean or it can get some decent low to medium gain tones as well. The G3/G4 are basically balls out from 0 on up. That is with the aggression off; red and blue are even more so.
I forgot to mention that I also have a Tech 21 GT2 but since that has the 'mic/speaker' emulation built in, it's not that easy to use with the CAB M. You really have to have just the right IRs with that one to get it to sound good.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I also have a Tech 21 GT2 but since that has the 'mic/speaker' emulation built in, it's not that easy to use with the CAB M. You really have to have just the right IRs with that one to get it to sound good.
I can't really get the Character series pedals I have to sound good if I turn off the cab sim.