Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by The Beard, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

I came in because I was expecting a horrible un-dynamic "br00tulz" band and wanted to see if it was as bad as I was expecting. It was worse, in fact, and I was impressed.

I can't stand this kind of music normally, but this is just a hilariously bad example of the breed.

2. Cure for optimism

Cure for optimism Well-Known Member

My sisters boyfriend is good friends with them and i just heard the album. A lot better then what i expected and im the usual emmure hater...ill never really enjoy the vocals but the guitar tones sound great. It sounds like they change them throughout too. I think you guys are gonna like this one despite the usual emmure crap like that slow song they try to make melodic and that overused breakdown their playing to be as heavy as possible at live shows but none the less its gonna be a good release...btw their next album is gonna be on a new label which means they might have a whole new sound after this cd but who knows

3. goherpsNderp

goherpsNderp no refutin' rasputen

there's a point where expressing dislike of a band in one of it's threads becomes trolling. typically when someone posts it more than a few times or goes out of their way to describe in detail just how much the hate said band without even commenting on the OP's embedded video.

it sets a bad example for other users. imagine if every thread were like that.

4. Cure for optimism

Cure for optimism Well-Known Member

5. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land

"I just don't understand how you couldn't love a half dozen wiggers tuning to dropped-z on seven strings..."

6. johnythehero

johnythehero The kid

its....diffrent I'll give you that but with how much detail he described how mach he hated emmure I would figure that he would steer clear of anything Emmure, I am not a big Emmure fan by no means the the tone is pretty awesome on this album, but that was border line trolling .02

7. lookralphsbak

lookralphsbak SS.org Regular

They're from Connecticut... Also, I'm from Brooklyn and I prefer the Yankees... It's the NY Yankees not the Bronx Yankees... and don't argue my point with "THE BRONX BOMBERS". what ever... I'll get a NY Yankees logo on my guitar

8. Justin Bailey

Justin Bailey SS.org Regular

I am so excited to be bored out of my mind

9. -One-

-One- Not So Kool-Aid

I dunno, I downloaded the leak, and it sounds much better than the stream. So maybe it's just YouTube. I was listening to the 720p feed, btw.

10. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Bullshit

Sounds like a closet-fan. :lol:

Anyway, I have a friend with the leak... but I think I'm gonna wait till Tuesday. I heard one song, "My Name Is Thanos" and it was the shit.

And how I wish some of their old songs had the new album's production!

Like this, one of my absolute favorites from them. (1:22 is the shit, that damn near scared me when I was uh... not sober, haha)

11. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Because a good friend at my local Hot Topic hooked me up, I've got my hands on the actual CD! It's just what I was hoping for it to be, and there's definitely a lot here than even just casual deathcore listeners should be able to enjoy.

There is something very wrong with this album, though. It has 15 songs and is only about 40 minutes long.

12. Antimatter

Antimatter SS.org Regular

This album actually sounds really cool. I'm going to probably buy it and stop being such a hater lol

13. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Yeah, I saw the run times for all the songs, apparently a lot of them are very short.

Nothin' wrong with just gettin' to the point in the songs, right?

14. rotebass

rotebass SS.org Regular

I can't wait for this album, I don't care if 7string thinks it's not cool enough - or too cool, whatever the case may be.

15. Guitarman700

Guitarman700 SS.org Regular

Flameshield Go!:flame:

I'm one of those Emmure haters, And I still like what I hear in these previews.
    Solar flare homocide is really catchy, IMO.

16. Switch30

Switch30 Seven deadly strings

I have to say this album is amazing, felt like windmilling down the street while listening to it the other day

17. Disarmed XR

Disarmed XR New Member

Not sure why everyone hates Emmure so much. Not a scene-ster, but I like the anger Felony had and SotD is pretty damn good so far.

18. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

I don't hate Emmure by any means, but I haven't liked the previous albums (the previously mentioned shrill voiced shrieks really irritate me, as well as the general "wigerness" that pervades the albums (probably has more to do with their image than actual sound)). However, I plan on giving this an unbiased listen. I didn't care much for the Acacia Strain either, but I really like Wormwood. Maybe this will be good too? :shrug: You know, since they rip them off and all. :lol:

19. mattofvengeance

mattofvengeance Team Ibanez

The "wiggerness" transcends their image and finds its way in their sound via the shameless Fred Durst tribute vocals.

20. -One-

-One- Not So Kool-Aid

Nah, cause Wormwood is just a boring, uninspired version of Catch Thirtythree, whereas I don't know what this came from :lol: