EMG Solderless Install Help

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by op1e, Dec 4, 2021.

1. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

I'm scratching my head here, missing something stupid. Everything is solderless.
    Here's my setup...

81tw bridge, SA neck.
    EMG coil tap switch
    Solderless strat 3 way
    Volume/Tone

It goes 81tw - Coil Tap switch, out of that to volume pot. Out of volume pot to 3 way switch.
    Bridge Tone out of 3 way to tone pot. Volume works, tone works.

Middle works with both, Neck pickup works. Coil tap works. Bridge on its own doesn't work.
    I R dumb pleez help.

2. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot ยป Supra-ise!

If you've got a photo of the control cavity that might be a bit easier for others to help diagnose your issue. I've had bad EMG leads before but prior to jumping on the faulty hardware bandwagon I prefer the "check the fuse" sort of approach.

3. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Flipped connector maybe?

PS first find out from someone who isn't me if TWs can be burnt out by flipping the connector accidentally before trying

4. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

I double triple check that the little arrow thing is on the top left when I plug them in. My foreman at work burnt up a brand new set of Dave Ellefson bass pickups that way and I'm paranoid. My main issue is routing of all this. I know for sure cause the pickup has like 5 leads that it has to go into the coil tap switch first. Then I assumed jumper off that goes to Volume. Then from there to selector, where it's in the bridge pickup input. All the power leads are into the 3 way switch per the diagram. Think I'm gonna abandon the coil tap switch for now and go back to the push pull. Might make sense then.