(Electronic) Come check out a Broken Window

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Guitarmiester, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Finished up another electronic song for a Reason song challenge that revolves around the new Reveal Sound ReSpire synth, which is the rack extension version of Spire for Reason. I know this isn't metal but the past couple songs I've posted gained some unexpected interest from the rock/metal world, so figured I'd share it here.

The song is called Broken Window. Only one synth (ReSpire) was used, drums were sampled and then the shocker was laying down vocals for the first time ever in my musical journey. They are pitched up an octave to chipmunk status, but that's what the song called for once all was said and done.

Anyway, I'll stop blabbing unless anyone wants to know more about the track. Feel free to give it a listen and leave any comments, criticism, likes, dislikes, opinions, etc. I like any feedback to keep growing.

I don't know why I never know how to embed on this forum, so don't mind my old school link to be clicked instead of the shiny soundcloud player right here:

https://soundcloud.com/officialstrangers/broken-window

2. fob

fob SS.org Regular

This is totally not related to the song, however how do you like Reason? I'm using Logic Pro X but I heard Reason is more friendly for beats, and hopefully Maschine. Because workflow sucks for Maschine with Logic Pro X IMO.

3. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

I like Reason a lot. It has some bits that could definitely use some updates but the workflow and sequencer are as simple or complex as you want. The rack setup is really cool, too. If you're a gear guy, you can hit tab to flip the rack, wire things up in any crazy way you want or let it auto route everything in a straightforward way.

The latest update finally supports VST's without having to do slightly annoying work arounds. If beats and attention to the sequencer are your thing, definitely give the Reason demo a try. I found a lot of DAW's to be clunky and uninspiring but can't say the same for Reason.

Any other questions about Reason, feel free to ask. I usually annoy my girlfriend about stupid things I can do with Reason since nobody else would pretend to listen lol so I'll blab your head off if you've got questions.

fob likes this.
  4. fob

fob SS.org Regular

Keep blabbing! Haha thanks!

5. Tactical Tiger

Tactical Tiger Audio Engineer

cool track nice synth sounds