Well, last couple days were full of fails. The two attempts I made at a delrin javari bridge failed to produce a useable tone and the material melted a little when I tried tapping threads into it, so adjustment is out until I figure out another plan, but I've circumvented that by going with plan B anyway, which is to go ahead and drill the banjo tuners into the neck. What a pain in the butt! Even with the handy little auger StewMac sells for the specific purpose, I've never had so much difficulty. On top of that, someone called me into work while I was in the middle of my second hole, and I managed to moderately botch it in the process. The first hole turned out great, I think, but the amount of time and effort that took was well beyond my expectation. So my second banjo peg hole ended up too big (as in too wide), and I'm not sure how, since I used a pilot hole and I thought I had been careful. So, I slathered wood filler paste all over the tuner rasp and hammered it into the hole as tight as it would go, then put a few drops of wood glue around it. Hopefully it never needs to come out. It was probably a stupid idea to plan to have the second hole 2-3 mm more shallow so that the strings would have a little space between them. I'm still waiting for my EYB bridge. If that doesn't come, for whatever reason. I'm going to be pretty much back to the drawing board. The guy at EYB seems to be one of those guys who is all business and doesn't answer more than one question per email. Current plan is one baaj/melody string (tuned F3), one jod/root string (C3), two karaj/bass strings (C2 and G2), and two chikari/treble-drone strings (C5 and C6 maybe). I still need my bridge posts and inserts (I want the inserts in case I need to convert it back into a regular guitar - I'll leave all four inserts in and just remove the posts), and to do all of that installation, and I will install the chikari strings this evening, once the glue is set, just in case that banjo tuner tries to slip out of the neck. After that, I'll need to figure out something to get a pickup in the right spot (rerouting, but I'd still like to be able to have it be quasi-reconfigurable back into a sevenstring guitar), and figure out how to yank out the frets and reslot them in the correct hindustani positions and then referret the entire thing without causing more disasters. At least I'm a little more comfortable making a mess reslotting, since I know it'll ultimately be okay, even though I expect there to be some tear-out when I remove the original frets.