Edit: Mark Morton was teasing. Joins Gibson's stable of thrash artists that used to play Jacksons.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a LP with the riverbed finish. I already have the blackwater Les Paul so it's pretty close :lol:

097a7996efc300038cf9b0dae87002c2-1200-80.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed 100%. I've always loved charcoal Tremontis as well. Would love one of those one day too.
I had a charcoal SE Tremonti Custom I regret getting rid of. :( Was a '17 one they did when they did the whole SE line revamp.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Right, and the surf/scates were based off the Jazzmaster body shape.

Those old 90s Charvel surfcasters were 99% perfect...except they had lipstick pickups.
the robb caggiano skatecaster has humbuckers.

uni777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a charcoal SE Tremonti Custom I regret getting rid of. :( Was a '17 one they did when they did the whole SE line revamp.
Great guitars indeed. I have a 2017 one also, and it holds up pretty well to my gibsons. I compared it to a US tremonti in the store and both me, my friend who was there with me and the store owner thought the SE played and sounded so good that the price difference was not worth buying the 3000 euro version.
I did change the plastics to metal though and installed nickel lockingtuners. IMG-20200717-WA0015.jpeg IMG-20200717-WA0013.jpeg

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
By the family shot of the Les Pauls it looks like he's still got the space covered in the same mandala flags they had in that Royal Atlantic demo video.

Interesting move if this is true. The gold top has appeared in different videos and been on records over the years. His control layout on the Jackson is similar to what you can put on a Les Paul, too.

But I don't see him playing a Les Paul live. He's always favored some kind of Jackson from what I have seen besides the Framus stuff. Seems he's preferred lighter guitars on stage.

Maybe it's time for a decked out Les Paul Standard with bely cut and other modern appointments. But that would look like an ESP Eclipse, wouldn't it? :D

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
By the family shot of the Les Pauls it looks like he's still got the space covered in the same mandala flags they had in that Royal Atlantic demo video.

Interesting move if this is true. The gold top has appeared in different videos and been on records over the years. His control layout on the Jackson is similar to what you can put on a Les Paul, too.

But I don't see him playing a Les Paul live. He's always favored some kind of Jackson from what I have seen besides the Framus stuff. Seems he's preferred lighter guitars on stage.

Maybe it's time for a decked out Les Paul Standard with bely cut and other modern appointments. But that would look like an ESP Eclipse, wouldn't it? :D
You mean the les paul modern? ;)

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They did that with the LPC Lite and Axcess.
Hmm... the Axcess I can take. But the Lite's feel off to me. Something about the smaller/flatter body and big headstock that I don't like...
Let's see what they make him. Could turn out to be a win. It seems they are working hard to build recognition at the top to rub off on some lower cost Epiphone offerings.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
The LP modern has a contoured heel, but I really like the Eclipse with the thinner body and belly cut. That helps it feel much more like a superstrat to me. They lack the oomph of a trve LP to me, I'll concede, but the Eclipse still sounds great and I'll sacrifice that little bit for a more enjoyable experience playing the thing.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Honestly did ANYONE see this coming? After numerous reports of troubled artist relations, bankruptcies, lack of innovation and interesting products.... a mass exodus TO Gibson?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Didn't Joe Perry have a LP Sig in black/grey/trans/burst too? That's a killer color.

EDIT: Yup.

s8ifrebn4hwg8lc1qpuc.jpg
Is that a flat top junior style?

Edit: nope I think I see the belly and they wouldn't need that bracket on the pickguard.

This makes me want a figured topped junior.

ArtDecade

Pud Wud
Reaction score
Mark: Hey, I could use another MESA or two for the upcoming tours. Also, where are we with that prototype?
Gibson: About that. We are no where if any of that shit unless you play this Les Paul.
Mark: Yeah, but Jackso---
Gibson: [Opens suitcase full of cash]
Mark: --- we are good to go, fam!

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly did ANYONE see this coming? After numerous reports of troubled artist relations, bankruptcies, lack of innovation and interesting products.... a mass exodus TO Gibson?
I mean we talked about it earlier, but in regards to "lack of innovation", the Dominion was pretty much a melted Les Paul. :lol:
Plus Gibson is really trying to push into the metal market. Old leadership didn't seem to give a shit, but the new people seem to be really trying, what with getting guys like Cantrell, Mustaine, doubling down on Kirk Hammett...
Also with bankruptcies, it only seemed to effect everything outside of the guitar business. Everything related to the guitar business seems to be fine.