EBMM Wait Period..

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by JohnTanner, Aug 19, 2016.

1. JohnTanner

JohnTanner Derpin' on the guitar since 2003

Hey Everyone,

Just looking for some info on the wait periods of buying brand new from EBMM.

I just put half the money down on a brand new JPX-7 a few days ago. I just called my local Long & McQuade store, who then called the EBMM rep, who gave me an estimated arrival date of March 2017...lol

Anyone ever order and had it arrive way earlier? or are there ETA's usually spot on?

He told me that I would have maybe a month or so to decide if that was too long of a wait time and pull out of the deal. Now i'm kinda on the fence about whether I should back out in hopes of one popping up on here used, or just wait very impatiently for the guitar lol I've already been checking the site daily for about 2 months for a JPX 7 to pop up for sale with no luck.

2. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

Oh man, I've been there. Me not wanting to wait is actually how I came across my JP15. I originally put my order in for a Majesty Artisan which would have netted me another 4-5 month wait on top of the year it took me to get the money in the first place. So I worked with my rep at Sweetwater and decided on the JPX-7 which had a wait time of about 2 weeks at the time. I then noticed that they JUST put out the JP15 option (had to search for 'JP' on the site just to find it, they weren't coming up by going through the filters). I immediately inquired, on aesthetics alone, figuring I was getting ready to up my wait time back to another 4-5 months. Just so happened, Ernie Ball had one left in stock from their first run which was roasted birds eye instead of roasted flame. I was immediately sold and ended up turning my original 5 month wait into a 1 week wait. I'm glad I did too because I ended up getting quite lucky with the neck and finish. She is definitely something special. No matter how long you end up waiting, I'm sure you will love it. GL and Grats!

3. PBGas

PBGas SS.org Regular

A couple of years back, I ordered a Neptune Blue Luke in June and it showed up in September....it had a defect in the neck (fret burned into the roasted neck) but it still showed up on time from what they told me. They are probably scheduled to do a run of that model and you will have to wait until they build them. If you are patient and willing to wait, you will probably get what you want....or you can take a chance and search for used.

4. JohnTanner

Wow man, i just went and found your NGD thread and checked out your JP15..that thing is gorgeous. I almost considered getting one that popped up in the classifieds on here about three weeks ago, but I want this JPX-7 so bad. Im thinking of maybe backing out of the commitment with my local dealer and maybe ordering one from Musicians Friend.. they claim to have them in stock and ready to ship.. but it'll cost me a little bit more though. I know the wait for this will kill me, but if i do decide to wait and finally do get it i'll cry tears of joy lol thanks for your input!

5. Jaspergep

Jaspergep SS.org Regular

I feel you man! I've ordered a JP7 BFR Koa in July but I will have to wait till the end of October.

Things that come from far away are the most special I guess.
    The waiting time is still a pain.

6. JohnTanner

Yeah man, this is rough for sure. At least you'll be getting yours kinda soon lol I have forever to wait :mad:

7. Vinchester

Vinchester SS.org Regular

I just recently got my Luke III BFR this July having ordered in November 2015. So about 8 months wait time for me being in Thailand.

The dealer told me to expect about 6 month wait but also not to hold my breath on that since EBMM doesn't give anyone a build status update!

The thing had a small defect in the switch installation. I'm happy with the guitar but told myself I will not buy blind with such a long wait again...