Duncan/Dimarzio phase issue

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by 7 Strings of Hate, Mar 1, 2018.

1. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

So I have a hsh Ibby with a tonezone/true velvet/air norton combo. Just not into it. Replaced the TZ/AN with a Duncan custom 5/jazz combo. Left the true velvet.

Problem is leaving the true velvet as is leaves position 4 out of phase. Swapping the TV wires puts position 2 out of phase.

Will swapping the black and green wires on the out of phase humbucker fix my issue But still sound normal? If I just bought a duncan single, do I need a rwrp?

2. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

I suppose the only change would be the coils on the humbucker that is blended with the middle will be swapped, correct?

3. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

If everything’s as you’ve described, and you want to stay with the same humbucker coils being active in 2 and 4 then, yes; you just need to switch the leads of the OOP humbucker like you did with the TV. If it ends up in phase but with no hum-cancelling, then you’ll need to flip the magnet as well.

I haven’t had my Wheaties today; so feel free to mock me for getting every detail wrong.

Zoobiedood likes this.