Drums & Didgeridoo

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by toothbrush, Jul 8, 2016.

1. toothbrush

toothbrush SS.org Regular

So of the two-dozen or so videos I've posted, they've all been drum videos (hence my presence on this forum). But I've recently taken up learning the didgeridoo; something I've always wanted to do. I love the sound of the instrument and the way it makes me feel. This song is an original song that I wrote and recorded (both the drums and didgeridoo). I've had this drum pattern in my head for a while now, layers and all, but never really cared to develop it without some accompanying instrumentation.

So yeah, I realize this isn't a drum video but I've posted enough Meshuggah covers and drum stuff for a little while I suppose, haha. Hope some of you enjoy this song. Thanks for watching.

*Mods, I understand if this gets removed being that it isn't a drum video. If not, thanks for leaving it posted*

2. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

Cool track.

I find a PVC Didge to be so crazy laser beam tight. I like a little more sag and resonance (like bamboo or eucalyptus), but this sounds great in the context.

3. toothbrush

Thank you! Yeah, I'd eventually like to graduate from the PVC didge but I don't think I have the skill or money to go in on a sweet Eucalyptus or something. Perhaps someday, hah. But yeah it's been fun nonetheless to learn the instrument and I enjoyed putting this together. Thanks again

4. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

You would be surprised by how good bamboo can be. You definitely want to try before you buy, but I've had scoured some killer bamboo didje for $15-20.

You can also find a decent tree branch and try making your own. It's extremely satisfying to do that first drone on your own homemade custom.

Christ... Now I'm getting didgerido GAS.

5. toothbrush

Wow, that's crazy cheap. I appreciate all the information, as I'm pretty new to the didge world. Some of the high-end eucalyptus didgeridoos approach $1,000. I'm sure it'd be awesome to own one! I'm actually visiting Los Angeles for the first time in my life in a few weeks...hoping to make it to a didgeridoo store there. I see there's a couple of them. How long have you been playing, may I ask?

6. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Dude, that was awesome. Loved the tribal/primal feel to the whole track. Thanks for sharing :)

7. toothbrush

Thanks so much, QuantumCybin! Much appreciated