Drugs...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Kaura, Jun 8, 2020.

1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

I think you need a doctor. or just start off with some drinking and cigs.
    you shouldn't go full blown into psychedelics.

definitely don't do recreational psychedelics because you think it will fix anything.

I think some of the warnings above are a bit overblown...but the basic message is pretty right.

c7spheres and soliloquy like this.
  2. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

/\ @TedEH you're awesome :) thanks for understanding.

And yeah, I do intend to try some more therapy once covid is done. Though therapy places are beginning to open up, since I'm not suicidal, I figure I'll leave them to deal with more dire people first. I can wait. Been in my head for 20+ years. I'm sure I can stay in for a bit longer

c7spheres and TedEH like this.
  3. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Check out Sadhguru. He has lots of YouTube vids too and can possibly help you. He talks about a bit of everything, even how to stop the mind's chatter. Coincidence?
    - Seriously, read up on him, his Wiki page, check him out. You will like. He talks about mental diahrrea : )
    https://www.youtube.com/user/sadhguru
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaggi_Vasudev
    Watch the entire video. It's a start.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  4. hubertjohn

hubertjohn SS.org Regular

5. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Good god you would make such a shitty American.

budda, TedEH and Adieu like this.
  6. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

If it lists:

Weight gain
    Loss of libido
    Hair loss
    Delusions
    Drowsiness

....you're GETTING those. Not maybe, but definitely.

PS libido refers to capability moreso than desire unless otherwise noted. All hairloss should be deemed irreversible unless and until amply proven otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    c7spheres likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Is that an insult or a compliment? I'd like to think it's a bit of both. :lol:

Adieu and c7spheres like this.
  8. Boofchuck

Boofchuck SS.org Irregular

As a proponent of psychedelics, I would like to agree with what c7spheres said and to add that a positive psychedelic experience can become a challenge once things become normal again. The real healing that comes from psychedelics happens after the experience is over through integration and conscious work. They can help show the way but it requires real work once the trip is over. So having a support system and a tools for integrating the experience into your life in a healing way is critical.

Do research and some soul seeking. You'll know if it's the right thing.

Please remember the following:

Do it only with experienced people you trust, in a safe and designated environment, set ground rules, set intentions, and be open.

If you choose to do them, know that you can change your mind and back out before taking them if you do not feel ready.

Sobriety is often the most difficult trip. Good luck with your healing.

soliloquy and c7spheres like this.
  9. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Hot damn that is deep. Do you mind if I borrow it and put it on some t-shirts?

c7spheres likes this.
  10. Boofchuck

Let me check with my sister since she's the one who told me that haha. Thanks for asking.

11. Boofchuck

Go for it! Feel free to send me one haha.

12. Humbuck

Humbuck Can't stop, won't stop

Honestly man, you need to get heavily into the outdoors! It's s really good direction to go. Get a Kayak or a mountain bike. Take up fishing or even spearfishing! The outdoors is a cure all for many. Has worked wonders for me!

Boofchuck and c7spheres like this.
  13. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

Tomorrow I'm going to start volumetric microdosing. A few days ago I prepared a 10% solution in diluted water, I have a 5ml syringe to measure out 1ml doses=10ul microdose. I don't expect any noticeable effects at this level but I'm starting on my day off just to be sure. I'll start with 10ul and increase as needed, I usually need more of these things than the average person but I'm doing science here. If anyone else has any experiences with this I'd love to hear it.

To additionally relate to the topic, I'm a little over two months sober from alcohol after a relapse this winter. I've been avoiding psychs completely for a while due to unhealthy state of mind, I've done a lot of work on myself recently and I think this will be exactly the ticket for me. I've benefitted greatly from them in the past, but my state of mind always dictates the extent of those benefits, and also the extent of any negativity I experience. I'm healthier mentally now than I've been in a while, certainly since before the last time I foolishly took psychs.