Doom OST (heavies and 9 strings)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by kamello, May 17, 2016.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Wolfenstein reboot?

2. Alberto7

Alberto7 Sillygoose Engineering

I literally just watched two entire gameplays of the game, and can't get enough of the music. Just ran into the video with Mick Gordon, too. Uugghhh this game.

3. wat

wat SS.org Regular

One really cool thing about the music in this game is that when you perform a glory kill it actually triggers a substitution in the music that meshes perfectly.

Also, when you destroy a Gore Nest, it also triggers a similar substitution and then transitions into a heavier, more intense version of what was playing as the enemies multiply in response to you destroying the nest.

It's really, really cool.

4. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

5. Alberto7

Holy Satan. :eek: Having just studied electrical systems and doing control systems at the moment, knowing what he did to get those sound samples is quite orgasmic. So freaking cool. I'd totally buy that soundtrack if it ever got released in physical format.

6. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

AxeFX screenshot at 2:26. Apparently a blend of the Recto2 Orange and 5153 Red is the key to dj0nting the demons away.

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

8. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Dude, same here. That thing was so effin' sweet. Just oozed charisma.

9. Nlelith

Nlelith Motion Designer

Spectral view from an intro of one of the tracks:

[​IMG]

10. QuantumCybin

Whoa. How is that possible lol

11. Alberto7

Hahaha that is an incredible Easter egg if that's true. My guess is he just added that digitally during post-processing. Wouldn't really change the sound all that much, I don't think, especially if he did it during one of the electronic parts, where he admittedly was trying to create as much noise as possible. Must have been a pain in the ass to create though!

EDIT:

12. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Aphex Twin did the same thing a decade and a half ago, except he put his own face in.

13. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Picked the new Doom up for PC and was running it through my surround sound gaming headset last night... SWEET JEEBUS! :D Between the constant enemy sound effects and the music, the game is creepy as hell! :rofl:

Count me in amongst those saying "let the OT nonsense go and enjoy the music for what it is" crowd too, all the "additional commentary" outside of the actual thread topic seems unnecessary and I'm a little surprised the mods didn't stop it to be honest (although I guess it's possible either they didn't see it or no one pointed it out to them :shrug:). Mick laid down some killer music that fits the game perfectly, always makes the gaming experience more enjoyable when it comes with a sweet soundtrack! :wub:

14. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

At this point there are far more posts complaining about OT nonsense than there were "OT Nonsense" to begin with. :p

Given how much everyone is freaking out about the sound on this game, I'm starting to think I should skip the PC version and wait until I have a new console to get this. My PC is probably not good enough to run it very well (it's 2 or 3 years old now) and my surround system is not in my bedroom with the PC, so I'd be missing out. Then again, I can control FPS games about a hundred times better on PC than console. Decisions, decisions :p

15. raytsh

raytsh Contributor

I love the new Doom's OST as I love the game itself! GotY as of now (right up there with DaS3 for me personally). Also, I haven't heard any songs that utilize 9-strings that I liked thus far.

16. TankJon666

TankJon666 SS.org Regular

New Doom is amazing, new Doom OST is amazing, constantly shooting the faces off everything that moves in new Doom is amazing.

17. QuantumCybin

That's amazing haha I love Aphex Twin and never knew that!

18. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Same with Venetian Snares. He did on the last song of the appropriately titled album Song About My Cats

[​IMG]

19. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

didnt knew much about this as Im not a gamer but randomly click this tread and woooooo :O !!! Im in love with the music, playing it constantly lol

one of the tracks I like most as a specific guitar sound Im not quite sure how its made

its when the song quicks in a the 1:00 mark. What effects the guitar has?. Song reminds me to some slipknot, and the guitar fx reminds me to one of their early albums too. Just wondering what it is

20. BoneClaws

BoneClaws Young Old Man

I haven't played a video game since college and haven't seriously delved into one since high school. But DOOM (2016) is the one game that makes me want to get back into it. Holy fvck, this is amazing. The music might even be the best part. Industrial metal par excellence, like the best Godflesh album Godflesh never made. This is literally the best I've ever heard a 9 string sound. I will be listening to this soundtrack for days, I'm sure. Thank you for posting this.