Don't you HATE when a deal goes south?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by patata, Oct 11, 2013.

1. patata

patata 7 heaven

I mean,I feed sad,frustrated and sometimes even like somebody ....ing played me.

I had this guy that would put a deposit for my guitar and last time said the drummer of his band left and he won't use the guitar so he might not buy it.
    All these while I turned down 4 offers just because he would be the faster payer.

2. Eladamri

Eladamri SS.org Regular

The trick is to make it clear to everyone that there are many offers and to accept them all until someone actually hands you the cash. So long as you're open and honest there's no problem with this.

3. xzyryabx

xzyryabx SS.org Regular

I hope you kept the deposit!
    get in touch with the others, they might be interested.
    It's a shitty situation and I everytime I post stuff for sale it's the same thing...lowballing, promises, then bailing. It's the nature of the beast, especially when you are dealing with younger immature kids.

4. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

yeah that junk sucks. I had a time in my life where trading gear was my passion, and when a deal fell through i was left wondering what the hell to do now!?!?!

5. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

yea I got a guy stringing me along right now.

6. patata

patata 7 heaven

Deposit was meant for today,but he said the drummer left the band and he will be sure about the purchase next week.
    The guy's older than me.I'm 17

7. goldsteinat0r

goldsteinat0r Zib Zob Zabbity

....I see what you did there...

8. DarkWolfXV

DarkWolfXV Excised n anatomised

I got ....ing mad like a week ago. A friend was looking for a bass guitar (he had shitty $100 plywood one), and there was a deal, LTD F154DX for $300 because the guy was apparently finishing his adventure with music and needed the cash badly. He didn't buy it because his parents said "If no one bought it, then the guy will lower the price soon and put it up on auction again". I got soooo fvcking mad you dont even know. He could have a good bass guitar for only $300. ....ing greed.

9. Sponge

Sponge Carpe Diem

What is also frustrating is when you meet up for the sale and the buyer says "Oh, I only brought this much.".

Well, that is too bad, because that was not the deal.

10. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

You should also bring a crappy garage sale guitar and say, "Oh, good, cuz I only brought this guitar."

11. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

Ive had a couple dudes try that but by some miracle they find the missing $50 or such by the time I close the case and put the guitar back in the car.

The last time I raised the price by $20 just because the guy was being an ass......and he paid the extra $20 :agreed:

12. patata

patata 7 heaven

The most frustrating thing is when they call it off like 20 minutes before they pay

13. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

It sucks. You should respect that shit.

Word = bond in guitar shizzleness.

14. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Had a dude do that to me. Agreed to $900 after I already went down $50 and then shows up and say he only has $850. I agreed simply because it had been on the market for like 3 months at this point and I needed the money. Otherwise I would have told him to .... off. I can't stand people who are only out for their own.

15. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

got one better than that,how about ya meet the person for a straight swap.

And after you meet he wants more than a straight swap he wants more of your stuff for the trade:realmad:

16. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

I make it very clear in my deals that the first person to physically put cash in my hand is the one who gets the item. I don't hold things for people, I don't accept partial payments, and I certainly will not accept anything other than either cash or a US Postal money order. (recent deal taught me a valuable lesson in not accepting moneygram money orders)

I don't even entertain spending too much time on pics or responses unless the person is legitimately interested in buying whatever it is that I'm selling. As in they have payment ready to go and want to double check on whatever I'm selling before they pull the trigger. I especially ignore lowballers. I always get them too. Like, I'll have a $500 guitar and they think for some reason I'm going to let it go for $150. :nuts:

17. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

That is seriously ....ed up.

18. patata

patata 7 heaven

I believe the guy wanted it but he was so immature to call it off one day before the payment.even though he knew he was having issues with his band.now im stuck with a 6 string guitar and 7 string hardware on its way.

19. Sponge

Sponge Carpe Diem

Oh that is a pain in he arse!

I often try to have some fun with it. Lets say I had an AxeFX2 for sale and that it was $900 and someone offers up $500. I'll say in a nice way, "Sorry man, I can't let that go for so low. For your budget, have you tried out the Line6 Pod 2.0? They're supposed to be pretty good." or something to that effect. Works best with items that someone would be very particular about. Its a bit rude, but so are they.

20. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

This thread. :wub: sevenstring is honestly the only place I've had a fantastic rate of follow-through with buyers and sellers. I PM dudes when I'm not sure about cash saying I might be able to go for it and if someone else picks it up that's fine since I'm pussyfooting, and even then I feel like an ass. :lol: Kijiji is a ....ing nightmare.