Purelojik

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Psst...

Hey guys!

Episode Three feat: Adam Bath of Elysian Pickups is Live!

It's available everywhere or should be by tomorrow morning, but it is already on Apple Podcasts and Spotify! I learned a lot during this episode and hoped you guys dig this one too.

The next episode is already recorded and is being edited. We interviewed guitarist Sean Ashe and had a great time discussing guitars and music from a player's perspective.

Fun Fact: The intro jam and the outro jam were both using Adam's Trident II/ Hellfire Hybrid Bridge Pickup!

Last edited:

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll check it out on Spotify. Never heard of those guys, but everyone and their grandma is a luthier these days.

Edit: got 10 minutes into the tonewood episode and the BS-meter maxed out already. Topic closed from my side.

Last edited:

ElysianGuitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll check it out on Spotify. Never heard of those guys, but everyone and their grandma is a luthier these days.

Edit: got 10 minutes into the tonewood episode and the BS-meter maxed out already. Topic closed from my side.
I'm curious what you found so objectionable in that episode?

"Everyone" is a luthier, but not everyone is at the caliber Alex and Kris are.

Purelojik

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Well thanks for checking it out anyways bud. We're just having a good time here and realize its not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well thanks for checking it out anyways bud. We're just having a good time here and realize its not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.
Just a few comments on what made me turn it off so quickly. I assume you guys aren't closely following a script, don't edit the episodes too much and often more or less just say what comes to your mind in that moment. Some of those moments just made you come across like being kind of overly smart and patronizing. Probably just a perception issue, but having only the audio without seeing the speaker makes things worse. Apart from that, some details were repeated straight from the Internet echo chamber without further scientific analysis and some were straight out opinions sold as facts. As I've seen several of your builds, you clearly know your stuff, so once again I assume it all came out wrong, I kind of misinterpreted some portions and you're just chatting away and having fun.

Long story short: don't let one negative comment stop you and keep up the effort. I'll give it another try when I have more patience to follow through. And +1 for getting the mighty Pondman on one of your future podcasts.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
The tone wood debate is polarizing even for your run of the mill player who doesn’t even own a chop saw. Never mind builders.

Purelojik

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just a few comments on what made me turn it off so quickly. I assume you guys aren't closely following a script, don't edit the episodes too much and often more or less just say what comes to your mind in that moment. Some of those moments just made you come across like being kind of overly smart and patronizing. Probably just a perception issue, but having only the audio without seeing the speaker makes things worse. Apart from that, some details were repeated straight from the Internet echo chamber without further scientific analysis and some were straight out opinions sold as facts. As I've seen several of your builds, you clearly know your stuff, so once again I assume it all came out wrong, I kind of misinterpreted some portions and you're just chatting away and having fun.

Long story short: don't let one negative comment stop you and keep up the effort. I'll give it another try when I have more patience to follow through. And +1 for getting the mighty Pondman on one of your future podcasts.
Appreciate the feedback as always. The thing with the show is it's really just our opinions, free-flowing, without editing other than awkward pauses or noise- as with any show, it's up to the listener to see if what we say has any merit. And disagreements are always going to happen, especially in guitar building. Honestly, it's part of why I started this thread so people can chime in on what they agreed with and didn't agree with. The show would be useless if people just agreed wholeheartedly with us. The main gist of the episode really boils down to that even when we think we know something based on years of builds and trial and error, sometimes, we really don't know as much as we think we do on the topic, and in that way, it's humbling. It's why we sometimes say even when we think we've got all factors dialed in, we still can end up with a pretty uninspiring end product despite being perfectly playable and aesthetically pleasing.

It's our first show, and we're learning as we're going, we're glad if you keep with us, but if it's something that's not something you'd like then we're happy you gave it a try and appreciate the feedback.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Will def check this out while doing housework

Get that guy who makes model T clones out of old crates, Ramo)))n, can't remember his user name

Purelojik

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Works has been insane these days. Hospitals are filling up again, and time for my hobbies is stretching, which I'm not a fan of.

Here's a new episode featuring @Sean Ashe ! So much fun chatting about guitar-related things with a player of his caliber. Dude's super charismatic as well. I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as we did.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you ever need suggestions for guests, I'd love to hear more from Cosmos Lyles, inventor of the Evertune. The guy obviously knows his stuff, but doesn't seem like he'd be too big to get on, perhaps.