Do you smoke?

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Total voters

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
question (don't kill me; this is something i honestly dont know): how does smoke affect a guitar?

Bobby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
question (don't kill me; this is something i honestly dont know): how does smoke affect a guitar?

I know it makes them stink like shit. It doesn't go away for a long time either. I have taken numorous used things back to GC or a pawn shop because of smoke stench.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
that's kinda gross... stale smoke smells even worse than the initial smoke.
does it damage them in any way?

Bobby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
that's kinda gross... stale smoke smells even worse than the initial smoke.
does it damage them in any way?

Smoke can stain stuff nasty yellowishbrownpukeshit. Mechanical damage? I doubt it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
oh ok. i was just always wondering why in guitar auctions it would say things like "well maintained in my smoke free home". makes sense now.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I've been smoking on and off since I was 14, these days I only ever smoke when I am very stressed and there is a cigarette at immediate convenience, never happens when one is without the other.

Flux_Architect

7-String Samurai
Reaction score
I smoked for 13 years....and I quit on New Year's Eve (4 1/2 months and counting)

I still puff on cigars every once in a while...

troyguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if this was already discussed in the first 14 pages, but I'm curious...

Given the cost (in terms of both money and known health issues, not to mention the potential harm it does to those around you), Why do people even consider smoking?

progmetaldan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I often ask the same question. Older folks, who might've started smoking before it was realised how much damage it did, I can sort of understand, as they were addicted before they knew it, but those who begin now? With the amount of education about the dangers, not to mention the costs financially, why start?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit! I didn't realize this was from 3 years ago! :eek:

Also, as to those who were talking about the cost of a pack : there's a guy who comes into my work and buys no less than 3 packs of Marlboro's at a time! :eek: $7.80 with tax times 3 packs = $23.40! And he comes in about every 2 days so at least 4 times a week and now you're talking over $100!

Prometheus

Oh no, no you don't!
Reaction score
I don't get why anyone with half a brain - or a conscience, frankly - smokes. I feel much the same way about any narcotic, including booze - although, I do drink the occasional beer come weekend, but that's hardly the same thing as puffing away and inundating you and everyone you're around with carcinogenic substances every goddamn day of your life. Seriously, I fucking hate smoking, and I lose respect for anyone who does. Yes, I'm a bit militant about it :)

vampiregenocide

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't get why anyone with half a brain - or a conscience, frankly - smokes. I feel much the same way about any narcotic, including booze - although, I do drink the occasional beer come weekend, but that's hardly the same thing as puffing away and inundating you and everyone you're around with carcinogenic substances every goddamn day of your life. Seriously, I fucking hate smoking, and I lose respect for anyone who does. Yes, I'm a bit militant about it :)

This.

JunkMan

The Man Of Shred
Reaction score
i smoke, nothing wrong with it tbh, why do non smokers look down on us for smoking?

alot of people i know dont smoke, they have a go at me for smoking, but then they go out drinking, i dont drink so its the same principle.

troyguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Smoking isn't the same as drinking. It's illegal to drink in public. Nobody gets to take beer breaks on the job and come back drunk and stinking of alcohol. It's an entirely different type of substance.