Do you own an FX processor / Modeler?

Do you own an FX processor / Modeler?

• NO

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Yes, Line6 Helix or Variant (HX FX, Stomp)

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Yes, Fractal (FX3, FM3, FX2, AX8)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Yes, Boss (GT1000)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, Headrush or Variant (Gigboard)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, Other Brand (TC, Amplifire, Iridium, Zoom, etc)

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Yes, Older Modeler/ FX processor (Line6 HD500, Boss GT-1/10/100, Eleven Rack, etc)

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Yes, Amp Integrated Modeler (Katana, Fender GT, PV Vypyr, Line6 Spyder, etc)

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Yes, Kemper Profiler

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I should break out my old RP1000 and run it into my HX Stomp used as an IR loader to see how good I can make some of my old patches sound. :ninja:

If it's anything like the GSP1101 (and I'm fairly certain that the amp models are the same), it should sound pretty good.

Merrekof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If I ever start gigging again, I would definitely just bring the Axe FX and go direct.
Same, except I would use my POD pro x.

Last couple of years I've seen more and more smaller bands bring one big rack case with a bunch of wireless units, fx processors and modelers. They often still use a big tube amp for recording though.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Same, except I would use my POD pro x.

Last couple of years I've seen more and more smaller bands bring one big rack case with a bunch of wireless units, fx processors and modelers. They often still use a big tube amp for recording though.
these still hold up no problem. 2nd best way to use them is 3rd party IRs with some sort of loader, with top best way to run them being into a poweramp and cab.
At that point, they just sound like any real fucking amp!! :D
I miss mine. Enjoyed it infinitely more than my AX8. I find the Fractal software and approach obnxious.

The Pod HD Pro software and how to dial stuff was so much more fun

buriedoutback

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Line6 HD500.
It's my backup (guitar/bass) now that I have the captor and a couple great vsts.
For a while it was my home recording rig (for guitar and bass), then my main guitar rig, then recording/jamming rig again.
Now it's my live Bass tone generator, going into a Yorkville bloc 250 (pwr amp) and Fender 410.

GoldDragon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So far its an even split between Helix, Fractal, and "other" brand, with significant number of people using an older generation.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know why. Videos I've heard, I like it more than the Helix. It should be cleaning up in sales
their brand name has always been like that for some reason.
Happened with the eleven rack too.

Barely anyone picked one up compared to the Line 6 Pod HD customers.

Only Headrush products I own, is their FRFR powered monitors. I have two 112s and one of their smaller 108s. All of them sound amazing and are built so well.
From live tones ive heard, the Headrush board sounds awesome.

Metropolis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mooer GE-250, it's quite decent. Easy to use and flexible signal chain, 2048 point IR-loader, tone capture. Lots of different amp models, for hi-gain I use mostly the EVH 5153.

Splenetic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Digitech GSP1101 and iPB-10, Pod X3.

Oh and I guess the Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 as well if you wanna count it considering it's a modeling amp.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
Line6 Pod pro x. Might not be the best sounding around but it is all I need at a decent price point! I'm really satisfied with it.. No need for a 2k€ device, just to play at home.
Same. I have the HD Pro (non-x version) and it does everything I need it to. I don't bother with the amp modelling anymore and just use it for pedalboard effects like reverb, delay and chorus.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have a hx stomp both for home use and for adding different tones to Lion heart. Got Vetta 2 head as well, but it's stuck in storage space. Do they count?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
their brand name has always been like that for some reason.
Happened with the eleven rack too.

Barely anyone picked one up compared to the Line 6 Pod HD customers.

Only Headrush products I own, is their FRFR powered monitors. I have two 112s and one of their smaller 108s. All of them sound amazing and are built so well.
From live tones ive heard, the Headrush board sounds awesome.

The Eleven Rack is the tragic story of a great product completely hampered by terrible decisions in the boardroom from a company who never really wanted to make guitar stuff.

They took forever to update them, gave up support way too soon, and marketed them as a recording tool and not an amp.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Eleven Rack is the tragic story of a great product completely hampered by terrible decisions in the boardroom from a company who never really wanted to make guitar stuff.

They took forever to update them, gave up support way too soon, and marketed them as a recording tool and not an amp.
Being tethered to Pro Tools didn't help either.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score

I remember back when I was looking to buy either the Eleven Rack or Pod. When I saw that the Eleven Rack was billed as more of a recording tool, that solidified the decision to go with the Pod HD Pro. I remember also hearing that the Eleven Rack was pretty much tied to Avid which I wasn't using nor did I want to use. Kind of like how the iPod was tied to iTunes.

gabito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
POD HD desktop + IRs + DAW + studio monitors at home. I have it since 2012 I think, IRs gave it extra life.

POD HD 400 + power amp for live playing. Mainly the SLO model and some effects. It's not great compared to modern simulations, but good enough for a simple and cheap live setup.

Thinking I might buy a Helix LT, POD Go, or Headrush someday. Not in a hurry, though.

NickS

Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
Line6 Pod pro x. Might not be the best sounding around but it is all I need at a decent price point! I'm really satisfied with it.. No need for a 2k€ device, just to play at home.

Same here, I bought a POD HD Pro X for $200 right before all this quarantine madness started and it's more than good enough for playing at home!

GoldDragon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
POD HD desktop + IRs + DAW + studio monitors at home. I have it since 2012 I think, IRs gave it extra life.

POD HD 400 + power amp for live playing. Mainly the SLO model and some effects. It's not great compared to modern simulations, but good enough for a simple and cheap live setup.

Thinking I might buy a Helix LT, POD Go, or Headrush someday. Not in a hurry, though.

The Headrush makes the full helix look overpriced. It has the scribble strips and an even nicer interface.

I didn't like Helix Native for my style of playing so if/when I upgrade a Headrush is a serious contender. So is the GT1000. If it sounds as good as an FM3, it has a ton more features so its a better value. The fractal FX3 + footboard is not in my price range. Still paying student loans.

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1 vote only for Headrush? No Headrush love here? Am I the only one? Why?

I don't know why. Videos I've heard, I like it more than the Helix. It should be cleaning up in sales
They came out of the gate really slow just as Line 6 was ramping up their update schedule and introducing higher-quality hardware, and the initial run of the units had even worse-than-normal factory presets, so they were really uninspiring to test out. I was really interested, but I tried three different floor units and all of them had odd glitches in the touchscreen behavior, glitches in foot switch behavior, and just didn't sound great out of the box. I think the early firmware editions must have shipped with some really trash IRs or something, because the high-gain tones especially were not good right away. Seems like most of the stuff has been taken care of, but the "repackaged old modeling" stigma has also been a plague, just like it was for L6 with the Firehawk stuff. Everyone wanted HX modeling in a $350-$500 package and they weren't happy.