Do you own an FX processor / Modeler?

Do you own an FX processor / Modeler?

• NO

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Yes, Line6 Helix or Variant (HX FX, Stomp)

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Yes, Fractal (FX3, FM3, FX2, AX8)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Yes, Boss (GT1000)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, Headrush or Variant (Gigboard)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, Other Brand (TC, Amplifire, Iridium, Zoom, etc)

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Yes, Older Modeler/ FX processor (Line6 HD500, Boss GT-1/10/100, Eleven Rack, etc)

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Yes, Amp Integrated Modeler (Katana, Fender GT, PV Vypyr, Line6 Spyder, etc)

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Yes, Kemper Profiler

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters

GoldDragon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just curious what people own and use.

Multiple votes are allowed.

Last edited:

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, several. Axe-Fx II, Rocktron Intellifex, TC G Major 2, Katana, Zoom pedals, several pedals, etc.....

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Very happy owner of an axe fx 3.

Merrekof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Line6 Pod pro x. Might not be the best sounding around but it is all I need at a decent price point! I'm really satisfied with it.. No need for a 2k€ device, just to play at home.

GoldDragon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't include software modelers in the poll because I figure everyone with a computer has tried one/many at some point. Can be voted under "other brand" if desired.

Added a choice for Kemper. How could I forget that!?

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Line6 Pod pro x. Might not be the best sounding around but it is all I need at a decent price point! I'm really satisfied with it.. No need for a 2k€ device, just to play at home.

But 2k guitars are fine :lol: (not saying this is you).

Merrekof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But 2k guitars are fine :lol: (not saying this is you).
That is another thing, that is an extension of my body. Haha..
Also, I just love to look at a guitar, even when I'm not playing.
No, seriously..with a family with very young kids (a 1,5 yr old and an unborn one) it is almost impossible to fire up a big tube amp. I've learned to play with a headset because of my family and my Pod gets the job done.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Voted Fractal since I have an FM3 on the way. I had and sold an Axe FX II a while back too.

I'm a little nervous I'll find myself down the rabbit hole of tweaking again, but hopefully I can keep it simple this time. Hopefully....

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Voted Fractal since I have an FM3 on the way. I had and sold an Axe FX II a while back too.

I'm a little nervous I'll find myself down the rabbit hole of tweaking again, but hopefully I can keep it simple this time. Hopefully....

Just force yourself not to tweak. It's that easy.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just force yourself not to tweak. It's that easy.

It agree that it *should* be that easy. I know I can dial in a sound I really like very quickly. Before I was always, "but how can I make it better?" Then I'd get wrapped up in reading posts on their forum and trying stuff. It was enjoyable, but kept me tweaking instead of just playing/practicing. This time I'll build two basic presets (maybe one) and will just go from there.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just to further the conversation for the heck of it.....

What do you look for in effects? Any particular style?

I know the current thing is digital modeling to sound like analog. Many of the pedals today try to sound like analog pedals, such as the Line 6 units, and Zoom and such. However, after buying and trying many things, I have found the studio clean sound is what I was looking for. Those TC Electronic, Lexicon, Rocktron, Digitech, etc.... sounds. Getting some older rack units recently really opened my eyes and has made me buy and use more effects in general.

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
LOL @ "older modeler" example as POD HD500... I still have a Floor POD... and a Zoom GM200.

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a few... Digitech GSP1101, Pod X3, Mooer Preamp Live and a Zoom B3 (although I will say that I don't use any of the amp sims in the Zoom, just the effects).
As for the older modellers, I originally bought a Mooer Radar to run them into but recently upgraded to a Torpedo CAB M to run them into and I must say it really does make a significant improvement.

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I should break out my old RP1000 and run it into my HX Stomp used as an IR loader to see how good I can make some of my old patches sound. :ninja:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I own an Axe FX II and the matching MFC-101 :yesway: it was great for quiet/headphone jamming when I had several roommates in college, but now I mostly keep it around for quick recordings since I can play my real amps at home most of the time.

If I ever start gigging again, I would definitely just bring the Axe FX and go direct. I also have a Carvin DCM200L that I could use to go through whatever backline cab for monitoring.

I also have an HX Stomp in my main rig, but it's mostly just there for EQ/gate per preset and a catch-all for random effects. The HX family of amp modeling is very good, but not quite on par with the Axe FX II IMO