Diy kit quality?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Kornfann1024, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Kornfann1024

Kornfann1024 SS.org Regular

Anybody ever use these guys? I know i can't expect much for 1
    $170 but any word on quality

Attached Files:

2. Defyantly

Defyantly Aspiring Builder

There are a couple kit reviews and builds on youtube for this website. I word make a work of caution that for the price they might be decent but you will have to put some work in to make them playable. It is a cheap way to start building. Although I would alternatively say that buy a cheap guitar and working on it would be better.

3. Kornfann1024

Kornfann1024 SS.org Regular

Ive done setup basic repair and electronic work, i know the hardware and electronics are gonna be garbage, but with some work i was wondering if theyd be even remotely playable.

4. Defyantly

Defyantly Aspiring Builder

It will definitely be playable but I would check their return policy just in case they send you one with something that's not fixable. (i.e. misaligned neck pocket, incorrect fret spacing, or miss drilled cavities). It would suck to get it and then have to pay shipping just to get a replacement.