Dirty Loops - New Track! (Original Content)

Metalliac

Reaction score
It's an ok song I guess.. I really was hoping that they would've gone for a bit jazzier vibe with the chords and melodies. It seems like they went for that clubby pop sound instead with a lot poppier melodies and definitely less extravagancy. I guess they'll make more money this way.. I still think they've earned it :)

iamjosan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like it. I was also hoping for jazzier chord progressions, but hopefully they'll bring that to the table sooner than later. Drums always sound amazing though.

Love these guys!

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
It's an ok song I guess.. I really was hoping that they would've gone for a bit jazzier vibe with the chords and melodies. )

Exactly this. It's kind of cool, though they could have laid off the cheese

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's perfectly in line with what they're known for, which is hyper-harmonized chart pop basically. Don't see why they'd stray from that path just because they're writing their own songs.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I love this track myself, and I'd agree with how it just sounds more simplified. But hey, why try to write stuff out of the gate that's "out there" to many people, when they need to make their name as a band first?

I think the cool stuff will come with time, or maybe a different track. This is only one song off of their soon-to-be album.

guitareben

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's perfectly in line with what they're known for, which is hyper-harmonized chart pop basically. Don't see why they'd stray from that path just because they're writing their own songs.

:yesway:

I agree. For me the best thing about them is the take a basic pop song harmony melodies and structure, and then they screw it over. It stops it being too weird, and it's actually quite unique.

If they just went full jazz/fusion (out there) it would loose the magic.

I LOVE this track anyway! :hbang:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

+100, and since they seem to have built a fan-base on that alone, why would they change that if they want to sell records? Seems like they know what they're doing, and their music still sounds amazing and shows a great deal of musicianship from each member so other than it sounding "too poppy", I don't see how you could dislike it. :shrug: I love their stuff personally. :2c: Singer with an amazing range and a killer voice, bassist with ridicu-chops and badass bass lines galore and a tight drummer who is so insanely in the pocket at all times it's not even funny? :wub: What's not to love? :D I hope these guys blow up as I'd really like to hear more material from them over the years to see how they decide to progress/change as musicians with time. :agreed:

Dan

Reaction score
Just downloaded it from itunes. Dear god the production value is wicked. One of the most refreshing bands i've heard in a long while.