Dimebag and Dean are done - lawsuit follows

Reaction score
C'mon now..Jimi was the face of an entire generation that was an important part of history.

Dime was the face of lowkey racist guys who didn't bathe, lived in trailers attached to meth labs and stayed high constantly.

I don't even think Dime really wanted that sort of legacy and I'd argue he was the most pleasant of that bunch. He was the ambassador for that life. Tacky, yet lovable and (debatably) inoffensive..then you look behind him at all his followers...that's when the bad times happen.

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd rather listen to 80s Pantera than anything after Vulgar. While I like Vulgar, the precedent it set was awful. Phil had one of the best new vocalists in the 90s on CFH, then he descended into drugs, awful screaming (to be more metal, duuude), and acting like a faux tough guy, when he's more like Edward Norton in American History X (including the rape scene). I probably shouldn't be this mad about it, but fuck you Phil. What you did to your voice is criminal. Now he can barely even speak, everything he says is in a fry voice. People seriously wanted a "reunited" Pantera -- why? So you can hear Phil Anselmo croak and scream, ignoring their good material because his voice is fucking shot?

So yeah, fuck you Phil. Dickhead.

Just in case anyone is thinking of reading this: His voice on Power Metal and CFH is better than Tim Ripper Owens.

While it's not technically nowhere near Glamtera, I recently watched a stream Down did and thought Phil sounded great. Best he has sounded in years, tbh.

Also, seems like it's cool to hate on Dimebag and Pantera now :rolleyes: All hail Jimi

Last edited:
Reaction score
While it's not technically nowhere near Glamtera, I recently watched a stream Down did and thought Phil sounded great. Best he has sounded in years, tbh.

Also, seems like it's cool to hate on Dimebag and Pantera now :rolleyes: All hail Jimi

Phil sounds the best when he shuts the fuck up and stays out of sight

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Phil sounds the best when he shuts the fuck up and stays out of sight

wvI6Csj.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Anyone who prefers that horse shit over his amazing singing on Power Metal and CFH does not deserve good things, musically.

ArtDecade

Blurry Eyes
Reaction score
Ok, now that I know you were hit on the head by a bible, things make sense.

That is your hot take? Pantera opened for Stryper. I'm not sure anyone was hit by a Bible, but Michael Sweet might have autographed one for Dimebag.

@Andromalia put Dimebag and Jimi on the same tier. I'm not even remotely a Hendrix fan and found that laughable - as would most people.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
wow ! relax ! well, even if i don't like the way you seem to consider people who disagree with you tonewise, to me Randy,Angus, Dime, or James or EVH speaks more to me than Hendrix. Just saying, as everyone here.
A generation thing maybe, but I've never been in awe listening to hendrix, or for this era. Maybe it's cool to say so, idk. Hate the beatles too ! Love the Stones, go figure.
To each his own i guess. But I'd stop bashing a bit. This thread is going nowhere...
Sarcasm behind a computer is sooo cool...

Last edited:

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is your hot take? Pantera opened for Stryper. I'm not sure anyone was hit by a Bible, but Michael Sweet might have autographed one for Dimebag.

@Andromalia put Dimebag and Jimi on the same tier. I'm not even remotely a Hendrix fan and found that laughable - as would most people.

And you took it and ran away with it. You come off as someone who's girlfriend fucked someone from Pantera and you're still salty about it.

And one can't deny that Pantera was and is a big band. Kids are still playing those same riffs from Metallica/Pantera/Megadeth/Whatever they did when I was a kid. It still is a relevant band for metalheads, whether you like it or not. :shrug: I don't really understand what makes you (not you in particular, but all of you doing this) so excited about bashing people about it. That's just lame, man.

ArtDecade

Blurry Eyes
Reaction score
And you took it and ran away with it. You come off as someone who's girlfriend fucked someone from Pantera and you're still salty about it.

And one can't deny that Pantera was and is a big band. Kids are still playing those same riffs from Metallica/Pantera/Megadeth/Whatever they did when I was a kid. It still is a relevant band for metalheads, whether you like it or not. :shrug: I don't really understand what makes you (not you in particular, but all of you doing this) so excited about bashing people about it. That's just lame, man.

These guys might have fucked my girlfriend.

EXRKbrQXQAA0b3i.jpg

These guys were more likely to lure little Finns into their white cargo van.

5FB58D32-pantera-and-texas-ale-project-collaborate-on-pantera-golden-ale-coming-in-march-2021-image.jpeg

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These guys might have fucked my girlfriend.

EXRKbrQXQAA0b3i.jpg

These guys were more likely to lure little Finns into their white cargo van.

5FB58D32-pantera-and-texas-ale-project-collaborate-on-pantera-golden-ale-coming-in-march-2021-image.jpeg

Like I said, I don't really understand what you get off from being an asshole. You seem to care way too much for someone who doesn't care.

Rob Joyner

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
All of y'all whining about how ugly guitars were in the 80s and I'm here laughing at all of your spalted, burl, and Strandberg-looking things. Dime had some ugly guitars, but you can't put that bad taste on the Sunset Strip. He rejected the Diamond and chose the Dimebag.
My mans is absolutely right here. Most ppl praise those hideous crackled neon pink or whatever color Kiesel with equally trash shapes and horrid headless guitars (from whatever manufacturer).

Most of these guitars will be a laughing stock in 10yrs.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
My mans is absolutely right here. Most ppl praise those hideous crackled neon pink or whatever color Kiesel with equally trash shapes and horrid headless guitars (from whatever manufacturer).

Most of these guitars will be a laughing stock in 10yrs.

Many of them are already a laughing stock now, to be fair.
Absolutely agree on the shapes and their collectively cavernous lack of decent aesthetics going for them. (ie- those aforementioned headless guitars, majestic shovels, RD's, jazzmasters, and their clones, various melted superstrat/LP builds, plenty of others to stave from making a tl;dr list)