DiMarzio out of phase?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Petef2007, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Petef2007

Petef2007 SS.org Regular

So ive recently installed a Dimarzio air norton in the neck position of my schecter to go with the BKP in the bridge. Now the BKP works fine, no problems there, but when i switch to the dimarzio i get a very low output clean sound, barely any volume and no distortion on it. Is this a simple case of the pup being out of phase, or is it indicative of a bigger problem?

Cheers in advance

2. stuh84

stuh84 The Viking himself Contributor

It aint out of phase I can tell you that now, I would have said when we were using it if it was. It definitely sounds like somethings grounded wrong, or wired up wrong.

3. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

You would only notice phasing issues when using both pickups together. Sounds like it's wired wrong.

4. JBroll

JBroll Hard-On For Freedomâ„¢ Contributor

If that pickup alone produces no signal, expect either wires mismatched (coils out of phase could really screw things up) or a faulty connection.

Jeff

5. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

My MO JOE was out of phase with the GFS pickup, but only in the middle position. I've asked about this as well, and it is not all that un-common, but I like the way it sounds in that position, so I didn't mind. It sounds normal in their own positions.