DiMarzio Illuminator 6 and 7-String Pickups Now Available @ The Axe Palace

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys, we're expecting our first shipment of the new DiMarzio Illuminator John Petrucci 6 and 7-string pickups in the coming days. The first batch will feature them in black, both f-spaced, regular, and 7-string variety. They're building us colored ones now which have to be custom built, so those will come later.

Discounts are offered when ordering full sets vs. the single pickups, check the drop-down menu. Our site takes PayPal as well as credit cards. Feel free to PM me with any questions or call our store at 508-921-9973. We also have a nice selection of other DiMarzios pickups in stock.

I'm also offering anyone interested in purchasing these a 15% off "thank you" coupon good towards any future guitar or amp purchase. We can also offer to install these for free in any guitar (just buy the pickups, we'll waive the installation charge). Check our website for inventory. Some exclusions apply, yada yada.

You can check them out on our website here:

DiMarzio Illuminator 7 Bridge Model DP757 Black 7-String Pickup | The Axe Palace

DiMarzio Illuminator 7 Neck Model DP756 Black 7-String Pickup | The Axe Palace

DiMarzio Illuminator 6 Bridge Model DP257 Black Pickup | The Axe Palace

DiMarzio Illuminator 6 Neck Model DP256 Black Pickup | The Axe Palace

dp256bk_dp257bk_dimarzio_illuminator.jpg

dimarzio_dp756bk_dp757bk_illuminator-7.jpg

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
That is very cool!

If you don't mind me asking, I read that these were specifically designed to work with the pre-amp in the new JP, so would the pre-amp be available? And if you've had a chance to try them what are they like compared to say the CL/LF set?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is very cool!

If you don't mind me asking, I read that these were specifically designed to work with the pre-amp in the new JP, so would the pre-amp be available? And if you've had a chance to try them what are they like compared to say the CL/LF set?

I havent had a chance to try them yet, as they were just released now. I will definitely post my thoughts on it as soon as we get some in. I've ordered a BUNCH so I should have an extra set to install in a test guitar here at the shop.

From what it sounds like though, it might be going for a more defined, versatile vibe which would be welcome. I though the Crunch Lab was "nice" but was a bit mushy on the low end and in some guitars just sounded blah. The Liquifire 6 string I liked a lot. As usual with DiMarzio, they made the 7 string version different for no good reason and that one (while nice also) wasnt quite as liquidy and warm as the 6. I am hopeful the Illuminator 7 neck will be good, as neck pickups is one area I find DiMarzio's 7-string lineup is a bit weak (I like the Blaze neck most probably).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
We just got a massive shipment of these in today, those who pre-ordered will get theirs shipped today. We have plenty leftover if anyone wants some.

DanielB

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want to give some positive feedback to Nick.

I placed my order for the 7 string matched set on friday the 27th sept. Yesterday they arrived! They were perfectly packed and the box didn't even have a single scratch on it. (Kudos to FedEX here.)

And yes I live in Sweden, so I must say that the delivery time of 6 working days is very good!

Now I only have to install them into my RG1527 :).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I want to give some positive feedback to Nick.

I placed my order for the 7 string matched set on friday the 27th sept. Yesterday they arrived! They were perfectly packed and the box didn't even have a single scratch on it. (Kudos to FedEX here.)

And yes I live in Sweden, so I must say that the delivery time of 6 working days is very good!

Now I only have to install them into my RG1527 :).

Thanks man, let me know how you like them :)