DiMarzio D-Activator 8-string Pickups Now Available @ THE AXE PALACE

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything new in the Dealer forum but I just thought I'd give you a heads-up that the DiMarzio D-Activator 8-strings that I've had on order since NAMM arrived today, with many more on the way. If anyone wants some, I'd be happy to oblige. We have both bridge and neck models available. They are $89.99 each or $177.97 for the set.

By the way, these really are not "D-Activators", they just arbitrarily named them that way because they didn't have a name for them. They are considerably tighter and warmer than the 6 and 7-string D-Activators, providing really good rhythm and lead tones across the entire 8-string spectrum. I spent a good while playing them through an Ibanez RG2228 at the NAMM show this past January and really dug them. Definitely a nice alternative to those who don't want to spend the money for BKPs or Lundgrens. I'll be posting a video demonstration of them as soon as time allows as well =)

We also have a TON of other DiMarzios in stock, including: Liquifire 7 and 6-strings, Crunch Lab 7 and 6-strings, Air Norton 6s and 7s, Blaze, Blaze Neck, Air Zone, Tone Zone, Breed, Super Distortion, PAF PROs, PAF 36th Anniversary, Evolution 6 and 7s, Injector, Fast Track II, Air Norton S, Billy Corgans, and several others in all different configurations/colors. If looking for anything let me know!

You can order right from my website using PayPal or a credit card by clicking here: DiMarzio D-Activator 8-String Pickups -- THE AXE PALACE / 508-921-9973. Otherwise you're welcome to give me a call, email or of course a PM.

da8.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks for the orders guys, most have been shipped out already. I have more 8s on their way from DiMarzio as we speak to fulfill the extra orders. I ordered a LOT more so I shouldnt be running out anytime soon :)

how much would shipping be to ship to ontario? i just need a bridge

Shipping to Canada would be around $12.

pathos45

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the orders guys, most have been shipped out already. I have more 8s on their way from DiMarzio as we speak to fulfill the extra orders. I ordered a LOT more so I shouldnt be running out anytime soon :)

Shipping to Canada would be around $12.

were you out of the d8s? when i ordered mine last week it said it was in stock but if they arnt its kool just tryin to figure out if i should keep these strings on my agile or change em lol

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
were you out of the d8s? when i ordered mine last week it said it was in stock but if they arnt its kool just tryin to figure out if i should keep these strings on my agile or change em lol

I was out of stock briefly but ordered a bunch more which came in, so yours did ship yes :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually just got another shipment as well (7 bridge models, 5 necks).

pathos45

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
zimbloth i got my dactivator installed professionaly and its having bad grounding problems, its back at the shop right now but is there a possibility that the pickup it self was defective? Its going in a agile 828 intrepid single pickup single vol. Whats happening is when ever i play on my lead channel (jsx) and im using both the onboard noise gate and a ns2 but when i toutch the pickup it self it just goes haywire. If there is a problem what should i do? im in ontario as well. thanks in advance and sorry for the inconveinece.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth i got my dactivator installed professionaly and its having bad grounding problems, its back at the shop right now but is there a possibility that the pickup it self was defective? Its going in a agile 828 intrepid single pickup single vol. Whats happening is when ever i play on my lead channel (jsx) and im using both the onboard noise gate and a ns2 but when i toutch the pickup it self it just goes haywire. If there is a problem what should i do? im in ontario as well. thanks in advance and sorry for the inconveinece.

It's extremely unlikely that any grounding issues is inherent to the pickup, usually that has to do with the wiring setup on the guitar. Was this pickup replacing active pickups? Actives often aren't grounded, and sometimes when you replace them with passives you have to manually set that up. I just installed these in an Ibanez 8 for a customer and there is no grounding issues. It most likely was just not wired or grounded properly, but if at the end of the day your tech determines it's the pickup, of course you can return it and I'll send you a new one.

Let me know :)

pathos45

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
it went into a intrepid 828 single pickup with the passive agile pickup. They called me back already saying there was nothing they could do as they replaced the bridge grounding and the volume pot and followed dimarzios exact schematic, they said they also plugged it into several diffrent amps and no matter what the hum was still there. If you could email me at [email protected] and we can talk some more and figure out a solution. Thanks alot again zimbloth you are a life saver!

TheBotquax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How fast do these usually ship, I'm considering cancelling my musicians friend order (because it got backordered twice :mad: ) and buying it from your site

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
How fast do these usually ship, I'm considering cancelling my musicians friend order (because it got backordered twice :mad: ) and buying it from your site

I have them in stock now, so they could ship as early as tomorrow. You can order them on my website or by phone :)