Diego Farias (volumes) has passed away

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by SamSam, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Coincidentally, I fell down a rabbit hole on Google last night. For some reason, I began reading up on this whole “emo cloud rap” shit, and some of the artists whom Diego has been working with fall under than umbrella. We had those like Lil’ Peep who died of substance overdose, and others in that scene are well on their way to early grave if they keep dabbling heavily with drugs. (Lil’ Peep actually said in an interview that he ditched LA for London because drugs were abundant and free in LA. It destroyed him. But ultimately, he could never escape them.)

So, substance abuse could be a thing, but as said previously by others, it is strictly speculation. For all we know, it could’ve been something common like a car accident. (I mean, Diego did live in LA, and I’m sure we’ve all heard horror stories of LA drivers.) Diego obviously saw what happened to his brother Gus with Gus’ addiction. So surely he didn’t fall down the same hole with substances... One can hope...

I find it odd that a statement of some kind has not been issued yet given the immense public response around social media and the metal music news outlets. If he passed away via something common with no negative connotation (like a simple car wreck), surely the Volumes guys or the Farias family would have no qualms with disclosing it. But, if he passed away via another means with a negative connotation (such as substance overdose), then the silence makes total sense. Of course, the Volumes guys, the Farias family, and everyone involved in Diego’s personal life, could’ve simply retreated and gone silent in the immediacy. Avoiding fans and reported is pretty common in the immediacy of a tragedy and during the time of grieving.

ShadowsfeaR likes this.
  2. duffbeer33

duffbeer33 metal finance guy Contributor

This is crazy, I can't believe it. RIP Diego, your bouncy riffs were some of the most memorable and original in the djent movement.

Acaciastrain360 likes this.
  3. Chrisesp

Chrisesp SS.org Regular

Will always remember VIA. Dude's gone way too soon. RIP.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  4. Acaciastrain360

Acaciastrain360 Don’t need no money, cus suicide is free

Diego was definitely one of my guitar idols :( gutted!

5. binz

binz SS.org Regular

Absolutely gutted :( there has been no 'official announcement' or something like that, has there?

6. ShadowsfeaR

ShadowsfeaR aka VigilSerus

None so far on cause of death. Volumes has only posted this

[​IMG]

iknowitsreal and binz like this.
  7. binz

binz SS.org Regular

Has there been any news to the public on the cause of death in the meantime?

8. RoRo56

RoRo56 SS.org Regular

That's a private matter for his family dude.

CTID likes this.
  9. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

one of the loveliest guys I've ever been able to call a friend and miss him dearly.

10. iknowitsreal

iknowitsreal SS.org Regular

Diego dying just days after no longer being w Volumes is highly unlikely a coincidence. all huge Volumes fans..just appreciate & be so thankful for how much the band meant to him.

Wormholes, edge of the earth, the columbian faction, neon eyes, up all night & until the end..Diego’s catchy riffs bumping & flowing effortlessly w Volumes melodic emphasis on Via & No Sleep is what makes Volumes my personal fav “djent” band. last week i became aware of “Until the end” it was amazing to hear Volumes able to recapture that “it” factor. RIP Diego, we’ll all join you someday in the nothingness void that is death . i Beat boxed the fuck out yesterday to those volumes tracks i listed. just hope Gus is coping safely bro.. drugs